DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What do they ask you more often when comeone comes to talk to you while flying?

Vilco

Reactions
In my 14 days experience, the most asked questions is "how high can it fly?", with a very distant follower which is "Can you also fly by night?"
I usually don't get asked "Is it filming?" because I always say it as people comes in, before they get in the camera view. And if they don't look comfortable with the drone fi,ming around, I just steer it away

I dunno, the first question is always... "is that a drone?!"

LOL!
Kids usually yell " A DRONE!!!" and the run as the wind to reach it :)

Do you do that professionally

No, but I'0m going for it, the italian version of FAA 107 exams. I can't still apply to a course because they changed the rules between 2015 and 2016, so training academies had to re-apply for the ability to train new drone pilots. The local institute looks to be pretty lazy in updating so I'm thinking if I should stop waiting and go for Bologna, there's an official school who already re-registered with the new rules there.
Just to fly the Mavic around and film some of my places, in the 2 weeks I flew this bird around I already had 2 persons asking me if I could do something for them, like checking up the newly installed roof of a 4 storey building or looking if there's some issues along a 3km long palisade. And a guy asked for me today afternoon before I got to town, looks like he's got an old house and he'd like to know how the roof,is. For now it's all beers and handshakes (and a nice Sunday lunch) but I'm getting to learn new ways to use the Mavic, what people in a certain business want to see, how they wanto to see it... And making bew friends.
Mavic? Best buy in a decade :)

Most often I'm asked why I'm not wearing any clothes. It really takes people's minds off of the fact that I'm filming them...

ROTFL

Reactions: Qoncussion
What's the retail on one of those? " more than you can afford pal, DJI Mavic"

(Fast and furious reference)

Reactions: Vilco
What's the retail on one of those? " more than you can afford pal, DJI Mavic"

(Fast and furious reference)

Yes, that comes third, usually after they see the footage going on in the smartphone display. If they could see it on a FHD TV they'd be like... double WOW! :)

They usually say, "WOW! Why would anyone possibly want to buy a Phantom anymore?"

To which I simply reply, "I have no idea."

(here it comes)

I usually am asked what kind of drone it is. A guy recently asked me if it was "The Gopro drone". I told him about what happened with the Karma, and that this was the DJI Mavic. Of course he had never heard of DJI. Lots of uninformed people out there.

Range is the most frequent question particularly as I tend to keep it high if people come walking into the area so it's well out of the way, I don't think most people realise how far the drones can fly so it's quite a surprise when they can just hear it but not easily see it.

I've been asked if I have license to fly, or if I'm allowed to fly here. I don't fly anywhere that's restricted, follow all casa (Australian faa) and council regulations and have very few words for uninformed nosy people using up my precious flight time. Alternatively, I'm very receptive to the questions about the MP's capabilities in the interests of promoting the hobby and people are amazed at what it can do.

I try to keep away from people most of the time, but have heard most of the above.
I was at my local flying field in the summer, and a guy asked if he could watch me fly. I had just started unpacking and setting up.
he watched without saying a word until id done 3 batteries and was packing up.
He then left and only said "thank you very much, im still plucking up the courage to tell my wife I want one"

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest