DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What Do Ya'll Use To Edit Your Videos?

MadDogDan

Reactions
I am new to this whole drone thing and so far I have just posted a few of the raw videos I have taken with my MP directly from my SD card to Facebook. I really like the video editing some of you have done. What software are you guys using to edit and add music to your drone videos? Also I notice the image quality is great when I view it on my iPad but looks blurry when I post them on Facebook, what gives???

I use the GO 4 app or QUIK on my phone. YOu need to check the upload setting on FB. It should be set to HD but they downgrade the resolution. I usually record in 1080 because the Go app cant handle anything higher than that

I used to use imovie on the mac whenever I was editing trackday footage from my gopro but I'm gonna try out da Vinci resolve (free version) for my next vacation video. Heard it's quite awesome.

What software are you guys using to edit and add music to your drone videos?
I keep a list of video editors commonly suggested by members of this site here.

Reactions: mauimark
Virb edit (by Garmin). It's very basic, but gets the job done if all you want is to edit and add music to your videos. Easy to learn and it's free.

DaVinci Resolve 12.5 is also free, but you get all the fancy color grading with spectrum graphs. The learning curve is pretty stiff and won't work with MP3s.

Virb edit (by Garmin). It's very basic, but gets the job done if all you want is to edit and add music to your videos. Easy to learn and it's free.

DaVinci Resolve 12.5 is also free, but you get all the fancy color grading with spectrum graphs. The learning curve is pretty stiff and won't work with MP3s.

Won't work MP3's? I've been using mp3's with it?

IMovie on mini iPad.

Tomorrow iMac arrives and I will be using Final Cut Pro X. Editing is new to me and I'm looking forward to learning FCPX. Excited to be able to shoot and edit 4K and 2.7K.

Must love Mavic...4 hobbies in 1, drone flying, photography, video and editing.

I use Shotcut. Available for PC, Mac and Linux and totally free. Handles 4K no probs as well.

Final Cut Pro X, a natural evolution from iMovie, still super easy to use but powerful when you need it, I especially like the conforming standard frame rates down to super slo-mo by using Frame-blending and Optical Flow, sample video below, all recorded 2.7k and 30fps, but slowed down to be an equivalent on some scenes to about 120fps.

Final Cut Pro X, a natural evolution from iMovie, still super easy to use but powerful when you need it, I especially like the conforming standard frame rates down to super slo-mo by using Frame-blending and Optical Flow, sample video below, all recorded 2.7k and 30fps, but slowed down to be an equivalent on some scenes to about 120fps.

FCPX new to me the super slow mo will be a fun discovery.
Beautiful location.

Won't work MP3's? I've been using mp3's with it?

Resolve won't let me load MP3s and Youtube tutorials I've seen says you have to convert your music into something it can read. I'd love to be proven wrong as I'd really like to start using it again with my MP3s.

Resolve won't let me load MP3s and Youtube tutorials I've seen says you have to convert your music into something it can read. I'd love to be proven wrong as I'd really like to start using it again with my MP3s.

Sorry to dig up an old thread

What version of Resolve are you trying? Resolve 14 works well with MP3, but the older versions didn't. You might try updating it

Sorry to dig up an old thread

What version of Resolve are you trying? Resolve 14 works well with MP3, but the older versions didn't. You might try updating it

Resolve 12.5. Thanks for the heads up. I pretty much gave up on it. Guess they responded to customer demand. Thumbswayup:)

Resolve 12.5. Thanks for the heads up. I pretty much gave up on it. Guess they responded to customer demand. Thumbswayup:)

In Resolve 12 you could only use MP3 files on the Mac, but 14 lifts that restriction. I use it on windows with mp3 files and it works fine

Reactions: LongRifle
iMovie and dji editor in the app sometimes for a quick movie . iMovie is my go to !

I’ve looked around on this and several other forums/Youtube. What would be the best program for editing real estate footage, and doing the captions/text pointing down to the property below text like in this video maybe I’m not calling it the correct thing which is why I’m having difficulty finding a tutorial or info on adding it to video.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom