DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What do You Think Real or Fake

QuadKid

Reactions
Found this on U-Tube, posted it in another forum some came back saying it was fake, some say real. Personally I think it's real, pretty cool machine!

Real, here is some more super drone stuff.....

If you'll pay attention there are several places you can tell this is CGI.

It's VERY well done and better than most. Also the guy who made it has gone out of his way to "prove" it's real by making a "Mariah Training on MegaDrone" video.
  • at 0:04 you'll see the man's shadow on the left is longer/lower than Mariah's shadow but wouldn't the sun be in the exact same place for both of them? Hmmmmm I think there's a timing issue there.
  • A few seconds later (while in the air flying) her hair suddenly goes completely still even though she's standing on top of a MR with all motors turning AND flying forward through the air.
  • A few times the downdraft on the water is missing or timed wrong.
Also notice almost no dust/debri when she lifts off.

Like I said it's VERY well done but it's not real at all.

Reactions: Former Member
If you'll pay attention there are several places you can tell this is CGI.

It's VERY well done and better than most. Also the guy who made it has gone out of his way to "prove" it's real by making a "Mariah Training on MegaDrone" video.
  • at 0:04 you'll see the man's shadow on the left is longer/lower than Mariah's shadow but wouldn't the sun be in the exact same place for both of them? Hmmmmm I think there's a timing issue there.
  • A few seconds later (while in the air flying) her hair suddenly goes completely still even though she's standing on top of a MR with all motors turning AND flying forward through the air.
  • A few times the downdraft on the water is missing or timed wrong.
Also notice almost no dust/debri when she lifts off.

Like I said it's VERY well done but it's not real at all.

It's real...the shadows when she lands match up....and she is moving and the camera/drone is moving too. Do you know how long it would take to coordinate her turns with the drone turns. Course she could be a 3D cgi model but I don't think so.

It's real...the shadows when she lands match up....and she is moving and the camera/drone is moving too. Do you know how long it would take to coordinate her turns with the drone turns. Course she could be a 3D cgi model but I don't think so.

How do you account for her shadow and the guy on the left's shadow being in different planes?

It's VERY well done but it's not real. The guy who made this is amazing.

Real, here is some more super drone stuff.....

Look at how much bigger those are, how many more motors and how much bigger the props are, and the fact that the loads are carried under the props not above them.

Found this on U-Tube, posted it in another forum some came back saying it was fake, some say real. Personally I think it's real, pretty cool machine!

Yes is real.
Local PD has been issued these.
There are so many buzzing around here I have to drive 20 miles fly so I don't run into one.

Course she could be a 3D cgi model but I don't think so.

I think it’s more plausible that she and the “drone” are swinging from a cable and the cable has been removed with off-the-shelf fx software.

Can't say about it friend because its also true technology it's going too fast and advance that's why I can't say its real or fake. Maybe its real or maybe its fake confusion for me. :confused:

Why are people calling those things 'drones'?
Drones are not manned. UAV = Unmanned Arial Vehicle.
Those thing (above) are manned aircraft. (or perhaps womanned aircraft)
:D

Reactions: BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143