DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What do you use C1 and C2 for?

everyone finds most useful to have their C1 and C2 buttons set to do
C1 is not regularly used, it depends on what aircraft I fly.
C2 is always used to show battery status.

Reactions: JimCanada
C1 - Intelligent flight Modes. C2 - Battery Level

C1 camera straight down (I fire a shot there so I can see in my film strip where PANO images start and end)- C2 underside LED, good for positional awareness, i.e. having a clue where the Mavic actually is.

Reactions: lilewis and vica 57
Yeah, I love the LEDs on bottom for those low flying, lost in the horizon, flights or when its dusk!

Id definitely switch the C1 from Ctr Focus to Battery Info if Go4 didnt allow avg cell voltage to be displayed next to batt percentage!

I tend to not fully trust percentage, mostly because Li chem packs have flat discharge curves so most of your flight is spent in the middle voltage range and then bam, its falls off quick! However, in Mavics defense, the Home Pt Return time calculation is quite accurate.
Just a habit to follow voltage.

Sorry for the rant.

Yeah, I love the LEDs on bottom for those low flying, lost in the horizon, flights or when its dusk!

Id definitely switch the C1 from Ctr Focus to Battery Info if Go4 didnt allow avg cell voltage to be displayed next to batt percentage!

I tend to not fully trust percentage, mostly because Li chem packs have flat discharge curves so most of your flight is spent in the middle voltage range and then bam, its falls off quick! However, in Mavics defense, the Home Pt Return time calculation is quite accurate.
Just a habit to follow voltage.

Sorry for the rant.
And how reliable is the voltage when the pack is loaded in flight? You need resting voltages provide for any sort of reliable indication. If you understood how the impedance track and fuel gauging algorithms are implemented you would be less suspicious about the % reading. How can the remaining time to empty be accurate and the % unreliable? I flew by voltages for years and was suss about the battery % initially. Fact is it does a better job than we might ever hope to.

Monitoring cell imbalance is another issue.

On M2P with SC

C2 - landing lights
C1 - arming and bomb release

:)
You were not supposed to release the information that your drone is capable of carrying arms and bombs. This will be reported to the NSA, CIA, FBI, NASA and Starbucks. ;)

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest