DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What elements for a video?

Olav van Gerven

Reactions
I intend to make a video about how I plan, fly and evaluate a litchi-mission. Since some things for me are "common knowledge" I do realize that this is not always the same for other people. So what elements could/would be interesting to put in a video?
I do have four days that I can effectivly fly the mission (if the weather is ok then) but I have plenty of time to prepare and film. For now I think of following steps:

# Where do I want to film and what do I want to have my footage look like when finished
# How do I plan the flight (distances, curves, altitudes actions etc.)
# How do I do a pre-flight check on the plan
# First inspection of the designated area (i.e. do the set altitudes keep me safe, any thing on site that was not visible on a map before etc).
# First flight (parts of)
# Evaluating footage
# Ajdustmend of the plan
# Second filght (parts of)
# Evaluation of new footage
# Editing (separate video?)
# Final result (seprate video?)

Anything else that could be interesting?

I intend to make a video about how I plan, fly and evaluate a litchi-mission. Since some things for me are "common knowledge" I do realize that this is not always the same for other people. So what elements could/would be interesting to put in a video?
I do have four days that I can effectivly fly the mission (if the weather is ok then) but I have plenty of time to prepare and film. For now I think of following steps:

# Where do I want to film and what do I want to have my footage look like when finished
# How do I plan the flight (distances, curves, altitudes actions etc.)
# How do I do a pre-flight check on the plan
# First inspection of the designated area (i.e. do the set altitudes keep me safe, any thing on site that was not visible on a map before etc).
# First flight (parts of)
# Evaluating footage
# Ajdustmend of the plan
# Second filght (parts of)
# Evaluation of new footage
# Editing (separate video?)
# Final result (seprate video?)

Anything else that could be interesting?
Maybe consideration of weather/wind effects on the plan?

Reactions: Olav van Gerven
Keep your shots short. It is pretty to do a long in/out, but flipping between shots, or cutting parts of a long shot out or doing a speed ramp will make it more exciting to watch.

Keep your shots short. It is pretty to do a long in/out, but flipping between shots, or cutting parts of a long shot out or doing a speed ramp will make it more exciting to watch.

I want to make a mix of showing what to do, telling why I decided to do it this way and then show what comes out. Inclusive mistakes I make. I always get frustrated by videos showing how "easy and perfect" things are, not mentioning, that the maker did this thousand times before.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots