DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What European country would you set up a business in if you were an American?

Former Member

Reactions
Im just curious as to which country in Europe might offer an American citizen the best advantages for setting up a business? I have lived in Vienna, Berlin, Amsterdam, and have visited most countries in Europe for business countless times. Which country would you set up a small business in as a non-resident, and would a work visa be difficult to obtain? I would like to take into account other factors such as:

1. Quality and price of mail service
  2. Cost of living and office space rental
  3. Flights from the USA
  4. English widely understood
  5. Affordable tax rates
I have owned several business in Europe and Asia.

Thank you for your input!

Rob

Selling yachts? - Go to Monaco.
Making AC repairs? - Move south.
Specialing in heating? - Move north.
Selling fences? - Move east.
And so on..

Honestly, it really depends on what you can or want to do....

Reactions: Mrmund
Selling yachts? - Go to Monaco.
Making AC repairs? - Move south.
Specialing in heating? - Move north.
Selling fences? - Move east.
And so on..

Honestly, it really depends on what you can or want to do....

It wont be retail, mostly mail order, so location wont be a key factor, nor will weather. :)

It wont be retail, mostly mail order, so location wont be a key factor, nor will weather. :)
So you need good transport connections, low freight rates, reliable carriers? Check if your intended product can be sold in the chosen country.
Try to be close to your primary clients, or suppliers. Check tax rates.....

Reactions: Former Member
What a wonderful invitation! Thunderdrones UK!

Just cleared my double garage for ya, I’m ready to rock & roll, all down to you now, lol;);)

Ps spare bedroom all ready, the wife’s just informed me:D

If your looking for a gear head that can fix anything that burns fuel you could pick a frozen cunuk . Lol

Crap, that’s all I can say, this feb we had the beast from the east hit us, loads of snow which in England we can’t cope with:rolleyes: not geared up for snow here......

17f44b28edad58f61a09057225bb318d.jpg

Send me your mailing info and I will mail this over for you .
Lol
Maybe I need to find a way to shrink it first .

Reactions: Porky
Whichever country you may have built a relationship with the industry you are attempting to begin commerce in.

The skillset and culture of building relationships will be your greatest asset.

without any allies you will pay top dollar from vendors until you build a financial relationship, when it comes to service based ventures (I assume you manufacture nothing) between your vendors and customers

I'd suggest to start geo researching your target industry, more importantly who the players in that industry are and what they are NOT offering.

good luck

:)

Reactions: Former Member
I could never stand the UK weather. Lived and worked there for 4 years. Daughter settled there.

After 4 years came back to Oz. Temp yesterday was 39C. Lovely.

I could never stand the UK weather. Lived and worked there for 4 years. Daughter settled there. After 4 years came back to Oz. Temp yesterday was 39C. Lovely.

Sounds nice there.

I dont mind the weather much. Most of the time Im just a troglodyte slaving over drones day and night anyway. As long my cave has a window Im fine.

Reactions: Porky
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54