DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What functions would you like added to the Mavic 3 / DJI Fly software to make it complete?

Saladshooter

Reactions
I have been reading the various frustration threads about what is missing on the the Mavic 3. I thought I would put up a list of things I would like to see and take input about what else might be needed. Most of my needs are from a filmmakers perspective, yours may be very different.

1. Course lock. Course lock is one of the best features of DJI GO4. The ability to fly in one direction while focusing the camera on a subject of your choosing off to the side creates some great footage that is difficult to obtain while flying manually

2. Tripod Mode. With this feature you can push the right stick all the way forward and concentrate on your smooth movements.

3. Dolly Zoom. I miss this effect from the Mavic 2 Zoom. Yes you can do it yourself but an automated version would allow me to know how much resolution I was giving up.

4. 5.1K 60p, its probably just a dream that DJI can give us this but it would be nice to take full advantage of both the 4/3 sensor and the higher frame rate.

5. 5.1K Spotlight, Tracking, POI. These aren't deal breakers as I usually cut my 5k footage down to 4K in post anyway but it pains me to have the big camera and have to give anything away.

Reactions: oztx
Here is my list:

7X telephoto camera:
- RAW support
- manual exposure control

Ultra-wide lens:
- timelapse support
- add lens profile in DNG files (to fix vignetting & distortion)

- customizable control wheel (for exposure compensation)

- add "tripod mode" (Cine mode is still too fast)
- waypoint support
- ability to disable downward sensor (for hand catch)
- user-customizable remaining battery percentage warning (was in Go4, removed in DJI Fly)

I want waypoints, more telephoto options, the promised 1080p 200fps, the promised 4G dongle working, working air sense, and the battery enhanced to give us at least 40 minutes flight time because the max I could get out was 34 minutes.

I want waypoints, more telephoto options, the promised 1080p 200fps, the promised 4G dongle working, working air sense, and the battery enhanced to give us at least 40 minutes flight time because the max I could get out was 34 minutes.
I am lucky to get 31 minutes out of a nice calm day ….😓, very bad battery time!

Incremental file numbering, instead of starting over at DJI_001 on every newly formatted card! GO 4 does it!

Number 1> Enable LTE 4g on EU/UK Region
Number 2> Release SDK for waypoints (Litchi)

Just these two would make the drone exceptional to me.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
That's about 10 minutes longer than the M2P!
Well, yes, about 9-10 minutes more. But they advertise 45 minutes, or, with normal use, should be about 36-38 minutes.
And, we spend about 3-5 of those minutes waiting for home point acquisition.
Not happy about it.

Please give us a roll axis trim adjustment. This is a critical function. We really need to be able to fix the horizon in camera as necessary. I'd also like a 200 and 1200 ISO option for PR D-Log.

Well, yes, about 9-10 minutes more. But they advertise 45 minutes, or, with normal use, should be about 36-38 minutes.
And, we spend about 3-5 of those minutes waiting for home point acquisition.
Not happy about it.
They also advertise 31 minutes for the M2P. I get 23 minutes on average. So a realistic 32-33 minutes with the M3 is 9-10 minutes more. A second battery used for HP acquisition, and immediately swapped for a 100% battery gets you the full 32-33 minutes. I use a 96% battery for that purpose, so I can top it, too, off to 100% immediately after, for a later flight that day, perhaps even the next one, with access to AC power during the first flight.

Reactions: Knypsterino
- More Friendly Dji Fly Interface as DJI Go4;
- More customizable option for photographic setting;
- Enable/Disable option for Landing Protection;
- Customizable option set for Battery Time Alert/RTH Returning;
- 1x-7x optical progressive zoom step as: 1x-2x 4x 7x ( only 1x to 7x is a step too big );
- More customizable option for C1-C2 button;

- 1x-7x optical progressive zoom step as: 1x-2x 4x 7x ( only 1x to 7x is a step too big );
There is no optical zoom currently. It's two separate cameras, one being 1x on a 4/3 sensor and the second a 7x on a 1/2" sensor. Everything else is digital. What you are asking for is 3 cameras, a 1-2x zoom camera on the 4/3 sensor, a new 4x camera, and the current 7x camera. Any optical zoom on a large 4/3 sensor is going to be very heavy, require a bigger gimbal, and will reduce flight time.

What is disturbing is the 4x digital zoom on the main camera jumping to the 7x telephoto in Explore mode, where it goes from pixelated to sharp. Further, in Normal mode, changing from 1-3x digital zoom the micro 4/3 camera to the 7x telephoto requires stopping the recording and restarting it. Perhaps it could make the change like in Explore mode without stopping. Not sure how these issues can be addressed better within the existing hardware of cameras on the Mavic 3.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest