DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What gear do you take with you when flying?

AnotherMavicPilot

Reactions
So I'd thought I would share with you guys, what gear I like to take with me every time I go out flying. I think you'd be surprised just how much I can fit into this hard-case.

Please excuse my blurry pictures, my phone isn't as modern as my drone.

I would love to see what you guys take out with you every time, and what sort of case or bag you use, so please do share.

Any question, suggestions or criticisms are welcome.

20190116_212100.jpg

20190116_210358.jpg

20190116_211214.jpg

20190116_211325.jpg

Hmm. I DO have my rig in a back pack only because of the goggles but all that 15 minute pre set up jazz is a deal killer for me.
I'm ready to go in about 3 mins flat.

It's putting it all back in the case that bothers me the most, but I like to be prepared for most situations. What sort of backpack do you have?

It's putting it all back in the case that bothers me the most, but I like to be prepared for most situations. What sort of backpack do you have?
I have an Under Armour baseball batter's backpack I bought at Dix Sporting Goods. It's a great top loader and allows me to set the MP and extra batteries from the combo fly more (in its factory Styrofoam packing) in the bottom of the pack and then I slide the goggles (which are in a hardshell zip case I got on ebay) ontop of that. The controller fits in there as well as the folding landing pad and I slide the mini iPad in a separate pocket inside the pack, as well. There's another pocket accessible on the outside of the pack where I keep any cables, reading glasses, mobile charger, lunch, or whatever! I also found a fold-up 3 legged camp stool I can slide into the the straps on the outside of the pack... I have some pics in the goggle thread..

Reactions: AnotherMavicPilot
I carry a Tamarac Expedition Backpack Tamrac Exp7.jpgwith the following inside:
Mavic Platinum
Controller
Titan Switch Antenna (Omni 5db whips, amplifier, and directional)
Moverio Glasses (BT-300)
In the case with the glasses and device:​
Bluetooth Mouse​
Bluetooth Keyboard (very cool lightweight foldable titanium keyboard)​
Cables​
RavPower charging Brick (4000 mah just in case)​
Mount for controller​
Sunshade​
Car Charger with four battery hub
4 batteries
A bunch of USB cables
ND Filter Set (PolarPro Cine 3-set)
Extra props

Along for the ride is a blue powerextra multi charger (3 batteries and 2 usb devices), which I don't take out of the bag

It looks like this: 20190117_211210_resized.jpg

I then hang my landing pad, water bottle, foldable hiking stool, and DJI hat off of the bag.

- Gary

If I’m on foot for any considerable distance Mavic, remote, as many extra battery as I think I might need, ND’s, micro SD’s, water, Date Roll, compression bandage and cigarette lighter.

As little as possible

Same here

M2p in the dji bag +
2 additional batteries
RC
USB cable (bottom port to my mobile)
I have a landing pad but haven't used it yet

Mostly I take my drone with me on my side by side buggy or my street motorbike.
No need to unnecessarily carry stuff.

I'll probably add the spare propellers to the bag

Same here

M2p in the dji bag +
2 additional batteries
RC
USB cable (bottom port to my mobile)
I have a landing pad but haven't used it yet

Mostly I take my drone with me on my side by side buggy or my street motorbike.
No need to unnecessarily carry stuff.

I'll probably add the spare propellers to the bag
I had thought about the spare props. Way I see it if you get into a situation where a prop needs replacing on the field you probably have bigger issues. I check em before I venture out.

I had thought about the spare props. Way I see it if you get into a situation where a prop needs replacing on the field you probably have bigger issues. I check em before I venture out.

Maybe. And maybe not.

Maybe everything is intact albeit a propeller.
Switching it out and not losing a flying opportunity only costs bringing a few propellers with you. That neither take up weight nor space.

Not worth not bringing.

I carry a Tamarac Expedition Backpack View attachment 59327with the following inside:
Mavic Platinum
Controller
Titan Switch Antenna (Omni 5db whips, amplifier, and directional)
Moverio Glasses (BT-300)
In the case with the glasses and device:​
Bluetooth Mouse​
Bluetooth Keyboard (very cool lightweight foldable titanium keyboard)​
Cables​
RavPower charging Brick (4000 mah just in case)​
Mount for controller​
Sunshade​
Car Charger with four battery hub
4 batteries
A bunch of USB cables
ND Filter Set (PolarPro Cine 3-set)
Extra props

Along for the ride is a blue powerextra multi charger (3 batteries and 2 usb devices), which I don't take out of the bag

It looks like this: View attachment 59330

I then hang my landing pad, water bottle, foldable hiking stool, and DJI hat off of the bag.

- Gary

Wow, thanks for the reply Gary I really like this backpack, amazing how much you can fit in there and it all looks so tidy.

Thumbswayup

I take most of what's included in the Mavic Air Fly More combo, and some extra equipment. Namely, my laptop, an extra SD card, lens wipes, car charger, prop guards, 2 extra batteries, etc.

Wow, thanks for the reply Gary I really like this backpack, amazing how much you can fit in there and it all looks so tidy.

Thumbswayup
Thanks.

Some people would HATE my setup. I have separate bags for each thing and then keep them in a bigger bag. For me, I love it, because I'm the type that wants to know that I have everything I need without having to look. I also tend to have redundant equipment for just about everything. I have several "Go" bags in my photography business...and I don't have to worry that I'll be without something. If I grab the moverio bag, everything for the moverio is in it. All the possible wires for the controller are in the controller's case. The Titan stuff is all together. And if I'm going flying and want everything, I just grab the backpack. I'd rather carry the additional weight and perhaps slow down the time it takes to put everything together (and back), than take the time to pack or worry that I won't have what I need.

Last edited:
I didn't put the hyperlinks into my post...just mentioning moverio is apparently enough for this forum to put a link to Amazon to get the glasses. I got mine from B&H and recommend others do as well...if nothing more than to help B&H fight Amazon! Just sayin'.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ