Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What happened with my drone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alvaropache

Reactions
Hi all,
Second post in the forum, first thread but I follow it almost everyday. :)

Well, after almost 3 and a half months of happy flights, being as careful as possible and avoiding any risk that could end up with my Mini lost, I made a horrible mistake..... I lent it to a friend.
I believe it is clearly his mistake as he got a few wind warnings and that may be it but I would appreciate if your way-more-knowledgeable eyes took a look to the log and let me know when everything started to go south.

I have uploaded to airdata but it is the first time doing it so, excuse me if something is not correct.

Thanks in advance for your help.

That was the wind - over 30 mph out of the west at 500 ft AGL:

The good news - it was autolanding at the end of the log, and so it is pretty clear where it ended up. The bad news - it quite likely landed in the water. On the GE image below it will have landed somewhere on the red line. If it continued to be blown at the same rate then it will have landed on or around the house marked with the yellow pin, but since the wind speed was quite strongly dependent on height it will have landed short of that. How far short is hard to say, so still worth a look along the edge of the water.

grab52.jpg

Yeah, that is what I thought. We spent like an hour checking the edge of the water, without any luck, so it must have landed into the water
Thanks for your help @sar104 !!
The guy is a good friend and he offered to buy a new Mini for me :) so I should be flying again soon

Sorry for your loss and good to hear your buddy will be replacing it.

I still am amazed and probably shouldn't be anymore, but.... the friend sent the drone up 523feet?!?! The 249gram size of an iPhone device...

Seems like this is one of the common "what happened to my MM" theme.

Does the GoFly app have beginner and max distance options? If so you may opt to enable the 'digital leash' before giving one to a friend.

Sorry for your loss and good to hear your buddy will be replacing it.

I still am amazed and probably shouldn't be anymore, but.... the friend sent the drone up 523feet?!?! The 249gram size of an iPhone device...

Seems like this is one of the common "what happened to my MM" theme.

Does the GoFly app have beginner and max distance options? If so you may opt to enable the 'digital leash' before giving one to a friend.
I believe the default height limit on the Fly is 400ft (120 meters). Still, even at 400ft, might not have made much difference in wind conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder