What Happens When Drone Hating Neighbor Gets One Of These

raymacke

Reactions
25333.jpg

Found this interesting-

Local manufacturer unveils lightweight anti-drone gun

• Sad
Reactions: RonW and Mavrick77
I doubt very seriously with what that would cost your neighbor would buy one.

But, a good question has still been asked. As with most technologies, they start out prohibitively expensive, and then they get cheaper very fast. This is also the Achilles Heel of current, remote UAV technology, the back and forth radio communication. Disrupt that, and things go very awry.

And you would not have to disrupt the communication for very long either. I know if I was flying around and then suddenly had a total disconnect with no warning or obvious reason, the first thing I would do when I got it back is fly the copter away from where it was, and probably back toward me.

Isn't shooting drones a felony or is that an urban legend?
This is a new kind of "shooting" though. There is no "projectile" involved as has been the case in prior UAV shootings. This claims to be a focused EMF generator . Or maybe it could be argued in court that there were actually trillions of tiny projectiles. We shall see...?...

• Haha
Reactions: Gindra
What happens is they go to Federal Prison if the use it.

18 U.S. Code
§ 32 makes it punishable by fine and incarceration up to 20 years for anyone "with the intent to damage, destroy, or disable any such aircraft". And yes, drones are legally aircraft in the U.S.

Well any of you guys can worry about it but I’m not.Is not
the fist time I’ve seen these type things posted
and most likely wouldn’t be made available to the general
public. What I can see is members say when they lose their
drone for whatever reason blaming one of these things did it. So @Brockrock i don’t see it as a serious question.
LE are already using something similar in other country’s.
We have here or in PP a thread where they are using one.
And in it it wasn’t no flying it back they dropped .
Was in Japan or China if not mistaken.

!.)Frequency jamming is illegal in the US. The FCC may take stronger offense than the FAA does to firearm misuse. 2.) Drone mitigation authorization is tightly controlled by FAA regulation. 3.) :) Until all innovation is stifled here, we could cobble one together. :)

Reactions: ViperPilot
Go for it. ?

• Haha
Reactions: g36pilot
Obviously, I guess the title was sort of click bait. :) I just found the technology very interesting and in our case realitive. I'm thinking it is totally feasible law enforcement in the USA will eventually have these but not Buba Joe next door.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod and sar104
This is a new kind of "shooting" though. There is no "projectile" involved as has been the case in prior UAV shootings. This claims to be a focused EMF generator . Or maybe it could be argued in court that there were actually trillions of tiny projectiles. We shall see...?...
That being said any type of attack ie; laser, emf, gun, etc. on an aircraft is indeed a federal offense...be smart fly safe

Reactions: ViperPilot

18 U.S. Code
§ 32 makes it punishable by fine and incarceration up to 20 years for anyone "with the intent to damage, destroy, or disable any such aircraft". And yes, drones are legally aircraft in the U.S.
Yea if they are regulated by the FAA then they are legal “aircraft”....

Reactions: Classic flyer
Yea if they are regulated by the FAA then they are legal “aircraft”....
As per the 11/18/14 ruling by NTSB Law Judge in the Huerta v. Pirker case, UAS are aircraft.

I find the concept very interesting from a small device technology device point of view, I think our Government would prevent this from falling into Civilian hands. I mean the damage that could be done not only to flying systems but perhaps cell towers or even Wireless Internet Networks could be devastating, if, if I’m reading this right.

While our State and Local Officials continue to attemp and pass laws on Drone standards, the FAA still seems to be lurking in the background waiting to pounce on any Laws that try to restrict Drone Flight more than they may or may not. Time will see. Good reading though.

Agreed. You are basically shooting a really strong, narrow beam of RF at something. Be it a cellphone. Drone. Car. Airplane. Helicopter. Etc. You could in theory put a lot of things out of service with it. (Ever see the myth busters episode where they took a microwave and added a waveguide to it? They had a helicopter doing circles around the field for videoing of the episode and they started to knock the electronics out of whack by aiming it too closely....)

18 U.S. Code

Same in Canada... RPAS which is the fancy name Transport Canada uses to define any remote piloted aerial system, are considered aircraft.... that is why they have to be registered, and you have to get certifications to fly them. Shooting one down would be regarded no different than shooting at a manned aircraft.

I have a friend who owns a gun range and a drone came over his property and hovered about 50 ft off the ground long enough for him to walk back to his office and retrieve his 12 gage shot gun and walk back under it... 00 buck took it down.... he would not let the operator on his property to retrieve it.... he called the FAA and they came and picked it up for him. No charges.... I am not making this up.

• Wow
Reactions: ironxcross
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun