DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What happens when you lose RC signal totally?

gixxerbill

Reactions
I was flying a over an archery range around 2000 ft at 80 ft when it said weak signal. I thought it had a little more so I lowered altitude so I can look directly at targets. At 30 it say NO SIGNAL or SIGNAL LOST. whatever it was it freaked me out because the screen went black and white then nothing. So i hit RTH. and luckily it did. What if it is so far away when it lost signal the RTH button doesn't transmit that far will the mav know that there is no signal and then automatically return to home.

KInd of freaked me but luckily I knew exactly where it was hovering last

What if it is so far away when it lost signal the RTH button doesn't transmit that far will the mav know that there is no signal and then automatically return to home.
When using the default settings in DJI GO and assuming the Mavic is able to use the onboard GPS data, the Mavic will automatically return home 3 seconds after the remote controller signal is lost.

When using the default settings in DJI GO and assuming the Mavic is able to use the onboard GPS data, the Mavic will automatically return home 3 seconds after the remote controller signal is lost.
cool so it does that automattically even in in the dji go4? I don't have to set anything

Yes. That's how RTH functions in all versions of DJI GO.

cool so it does that automattically even in in the dji go4? I don't have to set anything

Yes as long as you have gps signal and you have made sure your home point was set correctly before you take off.

good to know thanks. That was freaky!

I have tested this many times so If you want to test this to see it in action fly at least 20 meters up and 20 meters away ant then turn off your remote controle and the Mavic will return automatically.

It does boost your confidence to see it do this.

Be sure your return to home altitude is set accordingly in case you are flying around tall structures over 40 meters.:D

@gixerbill What smartphone do tout use?

@gixerbill What smartphone do tout use?
Samsung J3 bought it exclusively for mavic. I have a waterproof case on my s7 so it won't fit. plus the battery last for ever on this thing very clear pic.

How come you think it's the phone that is causing range problems?

I don't really know... But I encountered the same disconnection problem with my Nvidia Shield and DJI Go 4. My Nvidia was working like a charm with my P3 and DJI Go 3...
This problem is still under investigation... :(

I don't really know... But I encountered the same disconnection problem with my Nvidia Shield and DJI Go 4. My Nvidia was working like a charm with my P3 and DJI Go 3...
This problem is still under investigation... :([/QUOT] Keep us posted...I have same setup . Only got Mavic yesterday so still setting up before a flight..

I was flying a over an archery range around 2000 ft at 80 ft when it said weak signal. I thought it had a little more so I lowered altitude so I can look directly at targets. At 30 it say NO SIGNAL or SIGNAL LOST. whatever it was it freaked me out because the screen went black and white then nothing. So i hit RTH. and luckily it did. What if it is so far away when it lost signal the RTH button doesn't transmit that far will the mav know that there is no signal and then automatically return to home.

KInd of freaked me but luckily I knew exactly where it was hovering last

I hear ya about getting "freaked out" - This happened yesterday to my MP, (Red warning "Weak Antenna signal" screen went to black.) the very first time in over 2 months of owning it. I was only about 1900 ft away and I flew this same exact route before. (Little odd since it's also the first flight on the updated DJI app...hmm :confused:)

Anyway, no problems, It did exactly what it was supposed to do, it returned directly back to me. Also glad I set the RTH alt. height a little higher than usual when I set this up or else it might have hit a tree.

Does anyone know if the Mavic 2 engages APAS and moves around obstacles in RTH?

I think it might depend on which RTH is initiated as it has three possible options ..

I lose video signal before radio. The video lag at range will make you think your aircraft is not responding but you’ll have your craft doing 360s.

Reactions: RichieGG
What happens if Max your height for example 500 m or your distance to 500 m

will the Mavic still return home if it lost its signal and if the gps is working?

How do you have your antennea positioned.
I'm under the impression that the signal is mainly emmited from the flat plane on the rear.
So if for instance your antennea are staight out, then you're potentially transmitting in to the ground.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121