DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What Info is DJI Collecting?

55Kevy

Reactions
I am curious regarding the information DJI is collecting (if any) from our drones. I believe we all have established accounts with DJI in order to register/activate/pair our drones and controllers. Do our AC send data back to DJI and if so what is it? What does DJI do with it? I notice over at the DJI Product Forum that many posters have 'flight distance' noted. Do they update that themselves or is it automated? I just made a post there and 'flight distance' was not shown.

The flight distance is automatically updated. As to what else is sent to DJI is unclear except for logs.

Cheers!

Nothing is sent to DJI automatically ... if you don't want that.

If you have set the app you fly with to automatically sync your 2 available flight logs for every flight you do (the mobile device stored .TXT & .DAT log) it will do that ... if you choose to deactivate this you can instead sync the logs manually if you prefer that instead, or skip syncing entirely if that suits you better ... in that case nothing leaves your mobile device.

The flight distance you see over at the DJI forum comes from this flight log syncing (auto or manually) to the DJI cloud service.

You can also take advantage of this sync through having a free Airdata.com account & get the synced flight logs showing up there for you to view automatically.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS