Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is a "wheel error."

John235

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Problem?
"Wheel Error"

I had just taken off my MP and climbed straight up to about 50 ft. A message, "wheel error" popped up. I quickly descended to about 10ft, whereupon the message disappeared, so I climbed again and continued my flight with no issues.
I was so distracted by the message that I did not see if there was more to the message. What does it mean?

Was unit in a crash?
No

What have you tried so far?
Descended immediately to 10 ft, whereupon the message disappeared.
What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)?
Ellipsis Android tablet

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)?
Not sure. Battery discharged, so I cannot get this info right now.
What Go app version are you using?
Any modification? (if so what)
None

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what)
No

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link)
no

The cotnroller thinks the gimbal tilt control wheel is stuck/not centered. Sometimes moans about it for no good reason.

Did you use the Gimbal Dial on the RC controller as you were climbing (to change the camera view up or down)?
I think that the 'wheel' that is being referred to, is the Gimbal control dial wheel on the top left of the controller. There is a joystick calibration procedure that can e done from the Go 4 app' that includes the calibration of this dial. Try that to see if it gets rid of the problem.

I have the same problem I don’t know how to solve it

I have the same problem I don’t know how to solve it
Calibration of the Gimbal Dial 'wheel' is part of the joystick calibration on the RC Controller ... Have a look at this vid' and follow it - and that may get your controller back to normal.

Reactions: andrew reeves
I don’t think I will calibrate it. My Mavic flies without any issues with this error

I don’t think I will calibrate it. My Mavic flies without any issues with this error
I don't think the error will effect your flight - but this may show up in gimbal pitch movement and therefore effect the video you record.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00