DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is everyone's thoughts/ theories on longevity of the Mavic Pro?

Flyhigh1

Reactions
This has been my first and only drone that I purchased new back in September. I realize batteries will only last so long but the Mavic it self I've often wounderd how many years I can expect from this drone? I also would hope that in years time they DJI still continue to offer replacement batteries for this even long after its discontinued. How many flights or hours do you have on your drone? Mine has 143 flights and 21.5 hrs on it. Just looking to get a basis of comparison. What your thought to this?

I've got a Mavic Pro Platinum with hundreds of miles & flights on it. Some weekend we get several hours back to back on it charging on the road between jobs.

It all depends on how you care for it and how you use it. We are overly protective and keep everything in a HARD case and pristine.

Been flying my MP regularly since April 2017 on original three batteries. I am not worried about battery availability since there are enough MP's out there that makes producing them profitable.

It does everything I need a drone to do so the limit for me will probably be determined by what happens with remote ID. I don't know what the charge cycle limit is on the batteries but that could become a concern if the supply of batteries dries up.

Reactions: Classic flyer
Good info

Reactions: Galeforce1
This has been my first and only drone that I purchased new back in September. I realize batteries will only last so long but the Mavic it self I've often wounderd how many years I can expect from this drone? I also would hope that in years time they DJI still continue to offer replacement batteries for this even long after its discontinued. How many flights or hours do you have on your drone? Mine has 143 flights and 21.5 hrs on it. Just looking to get a basis of comparison. What your thought to this?
MPP
New August 2018
1045 flights
215 hours
1675 miles
36.3 hours of video
5 batteries - worst one is at 85% of original capacity.

Still going strong

Skip to 6:48 in this ... a bit of reasoning around life length.

Reactions: Brandaloo
i cant compete with @RadioFlyerMan my stats on my MPP are
new August 2018
328 flights
76 hours 47 mins air time
352 miles distance

i cant compete with @RadioFlyerMan my stats on my MPP are
new August 2018
328 flights
76 hours 47 mins air time
352 miles distance
Well, not all of mine are long and glorious. For example, if I take off and find some ND filter issue, I land a few minutes later. But it all automatically goes into the statistics I keep. ? Very nerdy of me!

@RadioFlyerMan its the flaming weather that stifles my air time, but i have managed 51 flights and 12 miles and 9 and a half hours with the mini so i can't complain i suppose

• Wow
Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
I bought my Pro Combo in December 2016. It was exchanged under warranty by DJI end of January 2017 (altimeter problems). Since this date, hundreds of flights and still flying very well with modded firmware and app.

@RadioFlyerMan its the flaming weather that stifles my air time, but i have managed 51 flights and 12 miles and 9 and a half hours with the mini so i can't complain i suppose
Yeah, I'm trying to navigate around winter here in Michigan. It's not so much the cold, but the wind. Even on sunny days when I'm highly motivated just to fly!

One thing to note about longevity is the sensor performance. I have to do bracketing everytime just to capture sufficient dynamic range. Noise at 400iso and above is also quite poor. It is sorely a looking like a 4 year old sensor. Finally autofocus in low light is usually a miss.
The gimbal itself is fine, and the flight capability is great. No complaints regarding the Mavic as an aircraft.

the radio works well beyond line of sight and hasn’t failed me yet.
Perhaps if I could complain would be the lack of side and rear sensors.

overall it is a great drone for the price.

Mine will be 3 years old next month (this month, if this were not a leap year!) and essentially is as good now as it was when new. A few tens of hours in the air (I tend to use it intensively in Spain a couple of times a year, and just a few flights in between to practice, etc.). Just picked up a second controller for it at a nice low price so can split the piloting/photography.

Flying mine for three years, real estate, Construction flights 2-3 times a week in all conditions down to -20f, light snow, and much more. Still going strong. Selling it now that I have the M2P and a Typhoon H Plus. If not for the newer birds, I have no doubt it would go on for a long long time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143