DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is going on with this forum?

Oconnb910

Reactions
I have to admit I need to make another statement about this forum lately. it seems any time that you try to put yourself out there with a suggestion or comment or criticism you get totally beat up and that's not what this thing is supposed to be about it supposed to embrace all suggestions and comments so that the feedback might help especially the newbies in this field. I cannot imagine lately what the newbies are feeling they must be intimidated death listening to the crap that goes on with responses to any technical issues.
I'm sorry for the rant but I've been on here for a while now and I'm seeing this going not in a healthy direction as far as opinions and helpful comments and good tips to give to the newbies coming in.
As I said I've been here for a while and I've got a lot of experience flying drones of all types and yet I seem to get lambasted every time I make a comment lately. That's not helpful to anybody!

I also have to say I am not seeing this. Perhaps you can point to where this has happened? All I see is people sharing experiences, asking advice, and getting excellent response.

In my experience this forum comes in the friendly / helpful category unlike some.

I once gave advice on an e-cig forum and got slated for my spelling, I wouldn't care what the spelling or grammar was like as long as the advice was good, I don't see any of that behaviour on Mavic Pilots.

I have to admit I need to make another statement about this forum lately. it seems any time that you try to put yourself out there with a suggestion or comment or criticism you get totally beat up and that's not what this thing is supposed to be about it supposed to embrace all suggestions and comments so that the feedback might help especially the newbies in this field. I cannot imagine lately what the newbies are feeling they must be intimidated death listening to the crap that goes on with responses to any technical issues.
I'm sorry for the rant but I've been on here for a while now and I'm seeing this going not in a healthy direction as far as opinions and helpful comments and good tips to give to the newbies coming in.
As I said I've been here for a while and I've got a lot of experience flying drones of all types and yet I seem to get lambasted every time I make a comment lately. That's not helpful to anybody!
I see it and see it a lot. But that’s what I am here for to look
for it. Like I just saw where you copyed and pasted this from.
Was like you where the only one posting in the battery thread.
Now you know this is the internet and all types are members
here. Being a member here you have to take the good and the bad. Someone offends you report them or just ignore
them. I know visitors have to read it and we have more reading than are members but there’s nothing I can do other
than what I can to enforce the guidelines.
I say me but mean all the staff members. I see you are having a moment and that’s fine but the General Section is not the place so moving this to Off Topic.
Just take deep breathes and you will get over it.
Someone gets out of line just report them and someone in staff will see it.

It doesn't take long to recognize the posters who are quick to criticize, belittle, or are antagonistic and those offering assistance and support.
Fortunately for this forum, those negative folks are in a significant minority.

I may be wrong on this, but I think sometimes some of the posts that appear "offensive" were actually done with the intent of trying to be humorous. I also know it is hard to see the humor at times when your are upset with your current situation or after you saw your expensive drone fly away into never never land.

I may be wrong on this, but I think sometimes some of the posts that appear "offensive" were actually done with the intent of trying to be humorous. I also know it is hard to see the humor at times when your are upset with your current situation or after you saw your expensive drone fly away into never never land.

Very true. Also it can be very hard to get "emotion" from flat typed text. Add to that some people are just "blunt" and it's easy to misunderstand a person's true meaning. Lastly remember this is an International forum and not everyone is as fluent in English and sometimes the conversions just don't "feel nice".

im always getting in trouble from my kids for writting what I think are funny sms's due to the fact what i am thinking in my head as i type something, generally doesnt come across in black and white text with no body language or facial cues to support it. Humans have the ability to read behaviour and communicate with these physical cues, and when they are not there, misunderstandings are very easy. And sure, this is a community, and every community has its clowns and douches. Big brother (sorry admins) tries to look after us, but on the whole, we are all adults and should be able to decide what effects us and upsets us. And it shouldnt be someone elses (who you dont even know) opinion on a forum.

A lot gets lost in translation. We have to factor that in.

We cannot see the OP's facial expressions or hear the inflections in their voice. We only get words. We are not English (or language) professors so we may not get our unctions, pronunciations or punctuation quite right. We have to learn to NOT take most things said here personally.

We are passionate about what we know but others may not care about that. People have a problem or need help but may lack the articulating skills to relay their thoughts so we ask for more info.

Most topics go 'off the rails' when dealing with safety and laws (no one likes to be told they are in violation) but it is a necessity. Those topics tend to get offensive. Just keep it all in perspective.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929