DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is other connector on controller for (next to USB C connector for phone cable)?

trwalp

Reactions
Air 2s connectors.PNG

DJI support and docs say that this connector is for stowing the Lighning connector for storage, but it has a tab (looks like a typical male connector) inside that blocks the Lightning male connector. Makes no sense to me.

---
I was a moron for not looking more closely at empty "connector" but I got the location by merely referring to the only illustration DJI provides.

Air 2s controller connectors.png

It's quite small in print, and both ends of the white smartphone cable seem to be visible, giving the reader the impression that the USB-C end plugs in as shown (on the left, when the controller is upside down). DJI could make this less ambiguous. Also, their support agents should know about this possible DOH! because before posting here I submitted the same picture and question in a chat with DJI support. Despite several minutes of appearing to research the question, the agent did not discover the connection mistake. Congrats to the very observant @PhiliusFoggg!

Last edited:
Your are not going to like this but I think it is the real USB-C connection, I think you have the cable ;plugged into; an empty storage recess. Sorry.

You're correct. :)

Reactions: MARK (LI)
This may also explain many of the "my controller won't connect to me drone" problems.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+