DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is the best Editing Software for beginners using an iMac?

MadDogDan

Reactions
I am a beginner to drone footage editing. At this stage I mainly want to put music to my Mavic 3 videos. I have been using DJI Fly which has worked out ok but the duration of the video library is quite short. Most of the provided music samples are only 2.5 minutes long. If I have a 5 minute video over half of it goes silent.

What would be the best and easiest to use Editing Software for the iMac platform that would either have a good music library or allow me to use established artists songs.

Reactions: dirkclod
I just use iMovie. And music I have. Good enough for me.

I just use iMovie. And music I have. Good enough for me.
Thanks, I will check it out. Is iMovie just an App or a program I can find on the net? When you say “music I have” are you referring to something you pull off iTunes or other music sharing service?

All my music is on my 27” 5K iMac but it’s tied into my iPad and iPhone. Take a picture on phone or pad and it goes to all. Works good.

Thanks, I will check it out. Is iMovie just an App or a program I can find on the net? When you say “music I have” are you referring to something you pull off iTunes or other music sharing service?
I’ve burned all my music to my iMac. Occasionally if I don’t have something I want I will get it off iTunes

I just noticed I have iMusic already on my iPad
When you say “music I have” what is the source, iTunes??? I have music downloaded from Apple Music but for sone reason I am not able to access it with iMovie. When I tryh to access the music on iMovie I get an error message that says I have to download it off line first but I am not sure how to do that.

Thanks. It is already on both my Mac and my iPad and I am playing with it now. Pretty easy to use.
I agree that iMovie is a great first choice. Flexible, powerful, easy to learn and use and free. By the time you outgrow it you will easily be able to choose what you want next. Also you can use it on your iPad and iMac.

I agree that iMovie is a great first choice. Flexible, powerful, easy to learn and use and free. By the time you outgrow it you will easily be able to choose what you want next. Also you can use it on your iPad and iMac.

I have been using iMovie for a couple of days now and it is pretty easy. However, I have only been attaching music to a single movie clip that is a few minutes long.

Can I take multiple short clips like 20 or 30 seconds long each and string them together to form one continuous movie? Before I go down this path and find out that I cannot do it in iMovie, I thought I would ask ya’ll.

I have been using iMovie for a couple of days now and it is pretty easy. However, I have only been attaching music to a single movie clip that is a few minutes long.

Can I take multiple short clips like 20 or 30 seconds long each and string them together to form one continuous movie? Before I go down this path and find out that I cannot do it in iMovie, I thought I would ask ya’ll.
You'll get limited quite fast by imovie, at least imo. Of course because Apple wants you to buy fcp :)

To your questions, yes just drag your clips in the order you wish, and I believe you can use transitions as well

Yes, just like you can take various movie clips to make a movie. You can also adjust fade-in and fade-out and overall volume. You can download instructions for doing everything with iMovie.

Yes, just like you can take various movie clips to make a movie. You can also adjust fade-in and fade-out and overall volume. You can download instructions for doing everything with iMovie.
You can also do picture-in-picture, titles, fade between different audio tracks, etc.

It's quite a capable program, especially when you're just starting out.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent