DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is the best sd card for air 2s and mini 3 pro

There is no "best". What you want is "good enough". DJI publishes the required specs for each device. Just meet the specs and buy name brands.

I ordered several "Samsung 128GB PRO Plus UHS-I microSDXC Memory Card with SD Adapter" for my Air 2s last fall from BH Photo.

Reactions: LoudThunder
Some folks advocate small cards because there's less chance of losing a lot of material if the drone gets lost, others go supersized. Different stroke for different folks. For my usage 32Gb would be fine but they have become rare or expensive per Gb so I have been 'forced' up through 64Gb to 128Gb.
The biggest problem is fake cards.
I run h2testw on EVERY new card before it is used, it's slow but, I believe trustworth and has shown/caught fake capacity ebayed cards. I got full refunds based on the results of h2testw.
Since then I have only bought Samsung Evo something or other via Amazon and have not had a problem.

Yes, fake branding is a problem. That's why I recommended buying from reputable vendors. Even Amazon is a risk if the seller is an unknown third party. These days you don't save much since cards are so cheap. The 128 GB cards I recommended above are less than $20 each from a first rate retailer. How much cheaper would you want?

First you have to understand what is your drone's max writing speed?

Air 2S : 150Mbps
Mini 3 Pro : 150Mbps
Mavic 3* : 200Mbps

*Mavic 3 Cine can do Apple ProRes HQ at 3,772Mbps but this is only done on the internal SSD and not to an SD card

Knowing that none of the drones I mentioned above will go above 200Mbps (megabits per second, aka 25MB/s megaBYTES per second, there are 8 bits in a byte hence the math that way) then we know what cards will meet it.

In this case any reputable brand of a SD card that states V30/U3 will be sufficient, they support continuous writing up to 240Mbps (or 30MB/s).

There's no need to buy a V60 (480Mbps) or V90 (720Mbps) when the drone won't ever write higher than a V30.

The write speeds advertised on the packaging are often not continuous/sequential and rather based on performance plugged into a computer.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo