DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is the best small Android tablet to use with the Mavic Pro?

cderoche

Reactions
Best bang for the buck tablet, and maybe what is the best one overall? 7" or 8" screen... I don't have Apple products, just Android.

TONS and TONS of discussions about this on the board here. I am using an Acer Iconia tablet with Mediatek processor. A few others are using and have reported same good results. Some of the Acer tablets don't work. Seems like the ones with Mediatek processors do. Search for Iconia on the board and you will see the specific model numbers. About $ 65 dollars

TONS and TONS of discussions about this on the board here. I am using an Acer Iconia tablet with Mediatek processor. A few others are using and have reported same good results. Some of the Acer tablets don't work. Seems like the ones with Mediatek processors do. Search for Iconia on the board and you will see the specific model numbers. About $ 65 dollars

Thanks, I did a search before posting but only ipad stuff came up. If I had Apple gear already ipad wold be a no brainer on stability issues on Android alone.

I have the sizes (and other specs) of the recommended/commonly used Android tablets listed here.

I went and bought a Samsung Tab A 7 .. just for this and returned it within 5 days,, so DON'T get that one, it just didn't have the computing power,, now i have a Ipad Mini 4 and it runs great, no lag and pic is always clear.

Could you share a link to where you bought your tablet? I think I may go with that one, however the Acer Iconia 8" listed here just says Intel Atom, I want the good one :)

Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8" Sm-T710 and Sm-T713
Great tablets with 8 core processor running at 1.9Ghz, 3GB of ram, 32GB storage, GPS installed and all the other fancy bells and whistles you might not use.

Sm-T713 connects to the dji app in two ways
1. Power on the RC and Mavic doesn't matter the order, then power on the tablet connected to the RC and once you login the app will auto open.
2. If you already had all components connected and powered on, it doesn't matter the order, just restart the tablet. Once logged in the app will auto open.

Sm-T710 version will connect as normal, simple plug and play.

Do all tablets and phones have a certain connect order of procedure? Or was it one of those deals where you just have to figure it out. There's no mention of this in the tiny little instruction booklet provided. When I use my LG V20 phone that's always on since it's my cellphone, I just connect it to the RC, regardless of what's powered on and when, the DJI Go Fart app autostarts and autocrashes on its own. The $350 price tag on that Samsung (ipad price range) is a deal killer at the moment for me, already have $1300+ tied up and I just bought it a few weeks ago.

I also use Acer Iconia tablet and I like the way it works.
Do you have the one with the MediaTek processor? Does it have any video feed lag?

UPDATE: My tablet's feed seems to not have any lag, or nothing bad or noticeable if it does.

Last edited:
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8" Sm-T710 and Sm-T713
Great tablets with 8 core processor running at 1.9Ghz, 3GB of ram, 32GB storage, GPS installed and all the other fancy bells and whistles you might not use.

Sm-T713 connects to the dji app in two ways
1. Power on the RC and Mavic doesn't matter the order, then power on the tablet connected to the RC and once you login the app will auto open.
2. If you already had all components connected and powered on, it doesn't matter the order, just restart the tablet. Once logged in the app will auto open.

Sm-T710 version will connect as normal, simple plug and play.
I have this Tab also and I have also found this sequence to work for me.

I'm on a Galaxy Tab S2 T810 9.7 inch and it is rock solid for me while using it to fly my Mavic. I find that the oled bright display helps, of course nothing like the Crystal Sky thing, but that is still kind of vaporware. It is also one of the most lightweight tablets on the market.

Reactions: Pipes101
I have Samsung Tab A7-no problems..
Lucky you, most users (including me) have found the A 7 unsuitable for running the Go 4 app reliably. (Though it was OK with Go 3). Even with all background apps closed, video caching off, hardware video decoding enabled and USB debugging off the tab had awful lag, video freezes and random error messages.
So far I've found the FNF iFive Mini 4s 8in tablet quite stable running Go 4, though it's screen brightness and limited battery life make it less than perfect.

I also use Acer Iconia tablet and I like the way it works.

So I bought a refuurbed 8" Acer Iconia B1-850 MediaTek processsor at a really decent price, and it works without crashing, however I noticed on my second flight using it I can't access the tripod mode, cinematic mode, active track etc menu when you slide your screen to the right. Is this a bug for Android 5.1 Lollipop or what? (The OS on my tablet) Would hate to do anything drastic at the moment since DJI is about to roll out another app update.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom