DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is the Normal age to go Bald?

MavicFT1P

Reactions
I've just noticed I am receding slightly, and their is hair in the sink sometimes.
I've started shaving my hair close, so it isn't noticeable.
I dont think i have the head shape to go lower than a 4.
Help appreciated

Last edited:
I normally do this but it’s a bummer when it’s windy....??

Hi there MavicFT1P.

Until I was in my 40's I had a decent head of ginger hair. No sign of male pattern baldness. Then, I started to notice hair clogging up the sink when I'd washed my hair. When I next visited the barber, he commented that I'd got a bald patch above my left ear. I later found out that I'd got a couple of other bald patches at different parts of my head - nothing more than 3 or 4cm across.

I went to see my GP (doctor) who referred me to a trichologist (hair doctor). I tried a couple of different treatments and they worked to some degree.

My hair did grow back - to a degree - but then recurred in different parts and I decided to just give up the treatment. To me, it wasn't worth while messing as my general health was not affected and I knew that baldness would come - eventually.

Now, the only thing I have to worry about is getting sunburnt - us gingers are prone to that in any case. So the little caricature is a pretty good representation of me :)

Reactions: 4wd
Ive seen the Regain %2 stuff, but i figured I would have no way to know if it was working.
I was worred it might increase hair growth everywhere, liek you said
Maybe you wake up with ear Hair or a monobrow or something

No blad patches, just receeding.
Google says your skull never stops growing so maybe that is it

I've just noticed I am receding slightly, and their is hair in the sink sometimes.
I've started shaving my hair close, so it isn't noticeable.
I dont think i have the head shape to go lower than a 4.
Help appreciated

Look at photos of your maternal grandfather, if your X chromosome came from him you may be cursed if he was bald at your age also. ?

My wife worked at a pulp mill shut down last summer and during the first lunch break she was shocked .
Her and a coworker started counting and there was only 15% of guys there that had normal hair that was in there 40’s and up . That lunch she said there were close to a 100 in the lunch room and there were many many bald heads shining . Lol
Maybe people that wear hats speed up hair loss . My younger brother wears a hat 75% of the time and he has very very thin hair . There seems to be many in there 30’s that are sporting solar panels . Maybe it’s our food

Time to buy a razor or a hat ;)
But seriously.
I once worked with someone who was bald and he says you never see a bald man and think he would look better with hair but you often see someone and think what a stupid haircut he has.

It's true though. I mean minimum fooks given what people think about how i look.
If i tried i might, but I dont so yeh. I don wakeup most days hair unless it's a special occasion.

Your friend's statement is so true though.
You see a bald guy, you see a personified bald guy, like he was that way since birth or something. Its weird.

it's the same with people in general I guess, you just see them as they are that day.

You don't get to wear a name-tag each day saying "I used to have Hair" "Im Seriously mentally Ill", etc.
But that's life, eh.

My Dr, who id bald btw, kind of insinuated i was an *** for asking at my age, and said to worry about
actual health problems :p

People often state there are no stupid questions, These people are of course wrong

I don't think there is a normal age. When I was 15 my hair was half way down my back (as was the style in the 70s), then as soon as I hit 20 it rapidly vanished, which I attribute to the stress of having to work for a living ?. I've been a slaphead ever since apart from the horseshoe round the edges.

Luckily I don't have that gene... I have friends that were cue balls by 20

If we all shave it we could bankrupt the hair care industry in a week..........

Jake

Started going bald when I realised my ex was a malignant tumour but it slowed to normal after I got rid of her. Only recently has it started again while trying to reason with the stupidity of certain posts in these forums but that mainly down to me pulling at it.

• Haha
Reactions: MavicFT1P
I don't think there is a normal age. When I was 15 my hair was half way down my back (as was the style in the 70s), then as soon as I hit 20 it rapidly vanished, which I attribute to the stress of having to work for a living ?. I've been a slaphead ever since apart from the horseshoe round the edges.

Dont you like your job?

Luckily I don't have that gene... I have friends that were cue balls by 20

Same, but they were good looking and had personality.
Maybe I'll by a jet-ski or Harley with super loud pipes to compensate.

There is no normal age. Just means you have less female hormones than those around you that still have plenty of hair.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas