DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is the preferred way for FW update for the Mini?

Xanadu

Reactions
Hi all,

My first question on the forum (did a search but I couldn't find an answer):

What's the preferred way to update the firmware of the drone, use DJI fly app or DJI assistant 2? I ve read cases where people had issues for FW updates and had to roll back to previous version before reinstalling the latest available (BTW is this something common and if yes, is there a way to tell that this happened?) but would you recommended going one way over the other?

Thank you!

For me I have always just used WiFi with all mine and never had any issues. Some have and use the assistant.
As far as rolling back I never have and can’t comment onthat.

I am with Dc on this one, always do the update in the app, have not ever used or downloaded assistant to my computer this includes my MPP and MM never had any issues

Thank you both!

I think I ll go with the Fly app too. I guess I will need to check for updates using all 3 batteries to update their FW too, right?

It will also be interesting to check if people that faced FW installation issues, had updated using the assistant app...

Reactions: old man mavic
Thank you both!

I think I ll go with the Fly app too. I guess I will need to check for updates using all 3 batteries to update their FW too, right?

It will also be interesting to check if people that faced FW installation issues, had updated using the assistant app...
with regards to the batteries not every firmware update requires the batteries to be updated as well,and something else to consider is that often updates will change the settings that you have set on the app screen ,so just make a note of your preferred settings before you do the firmware update,so you can check them after and reset them if needed

I take screen shots of my settings in both of my birds and save that in my device and being this is still new i would stay updated with both at the moment being they are adding more stuff. That is up to you though to update.

That's good to know! I guess you are referring to DJI fly app updates and not FW or both?
the Firmware updates are the ones that tend to have a battery update as part of the update,mostly app updates improve how the drone is controlled and information is viewed when the app is started, and also are often followed by a firmware update to take advantage of added features

Thank you for the info! Taking screenshots, especially at the beginning till I get familiar with all options on the app is a clever option to keep track of things.

Reactions: dirkclod
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada