DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is this gonna cost me?

If that's all you broke, you could buy a new arm here on Amazon or here on eBay.

If you're not comfortable making this repair yourself, you can find a repair shop here.

lol, as far as i can tell that is all that i broke except another prop which i have spars. what does it require to fix on my own? is it difficult? I am not very mechanically inclined lol. Thanks!

This may be a dumb question, but would it be a problem to simply super glue it? it looks like a clean cut with no missing plastic. Thanks!

Reactions: Thomas B
Because there'll be a lot of vibration when the motor is spinning. It'll be the weakest point of failure. Then you'll have more than a broken leg to deal with.

Reactions: Thomas B
Post a picture and let’s be straight that if you were gonna use a “glue” it would need to be some heavy duty epoxy not super glue

Thanks I will when I get home. I don’t mind paying someone to do it right. I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t an easy fix I can do on my own!

Nvm you do have a picture but I wouldn’t recommend that. Is it possible to make it work with some heavy duty epoxy? Probably but you better get that alignment perfect and that’s hard to do

Can I ask why not? It’s literally a perfect hair line crack if you line it up, it lines up perfectly? Is it because of balance issue?
It's just an assumption. If you decide to glue it and it does not hold, you'll likely have a much larger bill if the arm breaks mid-flight. I don't think it's worth the risk.

It's just an assumption. If you decide to glue it and it does not hold, you'll likely have a much larger bill if the arm breaks mid-flight. I don't think it's worth the risk.

I don’t either. Especially if it falls and hurts someone or someone’s property.

Nvm you do have a picture but I wouldn’t recommend that. Is it possible to make it work with some heavy duty epoxy? Probably but you better get that alignment perfect and that’s hard to do
The legs are glass reinforced nylon (Polyamide). Cyanoacrylates (super glues) will almost certainly prove better in this application than the usual rigid epoxy adhesives. A two part polyurethane may be even better. The joint will need to be lightly sanded the and cleaned with IPA. I haven’t repaired mavic components however have put some GRN tool housings back together with various adhesives. The epoxy tends to fail because the nylon has some flex (most epoxy compounds set very hard).

The legs are glass reinforced nylon (Polyamide). Cyanoacrylates (super glues) will almost certainly prove better in this application than the usual rigid epoxy adhesives. A two part polyurethane may be even better. The joint will need to be lightly sanded the and cleaned with IPA. I haven’t repaired mavic components however have put some GRN tool housings back together with various adhesives. The epoxy tends to fail because the nylon has some flex (most epoxy compounds set very hard).
There’s different epoxies for everything under the sun. Gorilla glue isn’t gonna cut it. You need something that can add structure. I’d avoid sanding very much last thing you need is a gap. Sand off the excess after it drys. That’s just my two cents. I’ve used epoxy on my Mavic Pro and it adheres exceptionally well. I haven’t used it on a load bearing appendage but I have to think ridged is good in this case.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS