DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is this zipping across the screen?

• Thread starter Deleted member 94047
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 94047

While editing some of my old videos, I noticed this unidentified object zipping by and couldn't figure out what it could be. My first thought was something caught in the wind. But it wasn't that windy and this thing zips across the screen like a bullet.

Screen caps of the first two frames

vlcsnap-2020-01-17-14h53m24s813.png

vlcsnap-2020-01-17-14h53m30s137.png

Reactions: Dronage
This is a genuine 'Unidentified Flying Object"!
Birds can appear stretched out like this if they pass close to the drone, due to the frame rate of the video camera (slower frame rate stretches the object more) - but when I have seen that in video's, the bird's wings make a strange almost cork-screw shape along with the body blur. There is no wing-blur on this object ...

I agree, it is unlikely to have been a bird. It almost looks like a piece of thread or string but its speed makes that impossible.

It could be another drone [???]

Reactions: Mrmund
What frame rate were you using? That gives the impression it's moving very fast. Maybe an insect?
This is intriguing... thanks for sharing it.

Post that on Youtube and you'll likely get a lot of hits.

While editing some of my old videos, I noticed this unidentified object zipping by and couldn't figure out what it could be. My first thought was something caught in the wind. But it wasn't that windy and this thing zips across the screen like a bullet.
It's always something quite small, usually light coloured and close to the camera.
You think it's fast because you over-estmate the size and think it larger and further away.
It's just a bit of fluff catching the light as it drifts on the breeze.

It's always something quite small, usually light coloured and close to the camera.
You think it's fast because you over-estmate the size and think it larger and further away.
While that is possible, I am not entirely certain that is the case here.

Or any small piece of airborne debris - seeds are common.

Strangely, it's almost always the case that the person showing off images like this is very resistant to alternative and more likely explanations and wants to believe they have something that defies physics.

And something new and previously unseen, that hasn't been been observed and explained as commonplace countless times.

LOL! Okay. Looks like I have a tough crowd here. I will go find a more receptive one :) And @Viking, you, Sir, win the thread!
Well, I’m not saying it’s aliens - but, I’m not saying it isn’t either ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3