DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is wrong with People?

Bigbird48

Reactions

Wow.. .from the article:

"About 30 drones were flying illegally on Tuesday, according to Tulsa Fire spokesman Andrew Little. The helicopters cannot work in areas where a drone is spotted because of the potential for a crash, he said.
"

I'm shocked they can't locate ANY of the sUAS operators though... we've done it at ballgames before.. they always land close to the operator. . . .

well the might be most of the area is flooded and there looking more to rescue people then track down the idiots .

This one needs a well concealed sniper in the trees. For the drones not the operators of course. It is against the law to shoot a drone out of the air, but under the circumstances the "spirit" of the law should be considered and there should not be much in the way of a good case by the unlawful drone operators.

Perhaps First Responders need a 'Force override RTH gun/transmitter' or something similar that they can clear the air with as needed.
If morons can't control themselves, then someone else must.

i'm not understanding, are you guys asking for more rules, more restrictions, crack down on all drone flyers?
The vast majority follows the law and acts sensibly. The majority is not everybody. Most people drive sensibly - but the Highway Patrol still writes tickets every day to those who endanger the rest of us.
The rules are in place but sadly we need better enforcement. If I fly my drone into a disaster area and hamper the First Responders and endanger lives, I deserve severe punishment.
I personally err to the side of caution - better safe than sorry.

"What is wrong with people?" The answer is in the question: "people"

It was, is and will be a part of human nature to be curious. Some people realize, that with their curiousity they might infringe on other peoples rights or endanger them. In that case, they will control themself and move on.
Other people will not realize the impact of their behaviour. Arguments as "the area is so big and it is only my small drone..." or "I can go down if I see an SAR Helicopter..." or so will feed their opinion that there is nothing wrong in what they do.
Now, you might argue that "common sense" would bring people to realize that they endanger others, but "common sense" has to be build up by the environment someone is growing up in. What do I mean with that? Well an example.
My wife grew up in a family where it was completly normal to have campfires when they were hiking. As a young child, she was shown what to look for, what to avoid and how to jugde the place. Not only that, she was made aware that some clothing could be dangerous if close to a fire. Not that long ago, the kindergarten she works had a campfire. My wife told several children to get to a bigger distance, since they had these nice-looking "plastic" clothing. A colleague wondered and it was not until my wife explained what could happen, that she realized the danger. No one had ever told her.
TO transfer that to drone-flying people in and around emergency sites: If identified, they should be forced to participate in three or for mayor rescue actions so they can see why what they did is dangerous.

I'm surprised at the entitlement attitude that so many seem to have when it comes to flight restrictions or following FAA rules. I'm sure some can be due to pure ignorance but a lot is almost like poaching. They know they're breaking the law but ignore it.

Reactions: BigAl07 and BD0G
The vast majority follows the law and acts sensibly. The majority is not everybody. Most people drive sensibly - but the Highway Patrol still writes tickets every day to those who endanger the rest of us.

I would say it's closer to 50/50 at best....in both instances

Reactions: BigAl07
A lot of those drones may also be people hoping to sell their videos to news agencies and as pointed out, to post on social media for popularity. The agencies have issued subpoenas to YouTube for user identification for violations like what those idiots are showing online before, I imagine they already started the process to do it for these people as well. Even if they used a fake name in their YouTube accounts, their Google account will provide identifying information.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots