DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is your funniest/craziest/scariest drone rescue story (tree, water, mountain, etc.)

Ghost_ATX

Reactions
I doubt anyone will be able to top zaceshighz's cargo ship rescue (epic!), but I'm curious to know what lengths folks have gone to in order to rescue their Mavics when they've lost them or gotten them stuck somewhere. I was once stopped and questioned by police for standing on the hood of my car, throwing water bottles at a tree trying to knock my Mavic from the branches - they thought I was a crazy person going postal on some noisy birds. They did help me get it down tho. Once I convinced them I wasn't crazy.

So, where is the weirdest/most interesting place you've gotten your drone stuck and what did it take to rescue it?

On an off-roading trip in PA I flew backwards into a tree and the Mavic fell 40' down the side of a very steep mountain. Fortunately, one of the guys in my group was a rock climber and volunteered to get it. We fashioned a harness out of some tree saver straps and used a winch with synthetic line to help him get down and back up.

Not very crazy, but nerve-racking after only having it for a week. Got it stuck in a 50' tree and had son climb extension ladder and knock it out of the tree with one of those extension poles you use to cut tree limbs while I caught it before hitting the ground.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3