DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pro What kind of bird was trying to attack my Mavic Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a red skin on your drone?

It happens when you stop your forward motion abruptly, the aircraft brakes by pitching nose up. The gimbal is pointed vertically straight down, compensates for the pitch angle of the aircraft, and you see the chin/bottom (or something attached to the bottom...) of the drone momentarily.

My guess.

That is as amusing as it gets. Sorry you didn’t get a shot at the winged marauder. I’m glad the bird didn’t take your bird to its nest! Awesome. Godspeed

I believe it to be a Turkey Vulture, we have a lot of these in our area. I believe the red to be its head. I have checked the drone thoroughly and haven't found anything that it could be.

Attachments

• turkeybuzzardhead.jpg
    turkeybuzzardhead.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: tlswift58
I believe it to be a Turkey Vulture, we have a lot of these in our area. I believe the red to be its head. I have checked the drone thoroughly and haven't found anything that it could be.
You've got to be joking.
What part of the vulture is a rectangle?

It's not a bird at all.
It's part of your drone or something attached to it.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't a penguin. Or an ostrich for that matter.

With your camera NADIR (straight down) and when you abruptly stop the aircraft, something from the aircraft is coming into view. It's the GIMBAL trying to "soften" the abrupt stop.

Do you have something "attached" to the bottom of your Mavic? One of our STROBES comes into view exactly like this when the camera is NADIR and I make an abrupt stop or change in direction.

If it's a bird, as @bassnbeau - stated - I'd say it was a turkey buzzard at that height.

As everyone else has mentioned - does not look like a bird at all.

It is not a bird at all, how can you think it's a huge Turkey Vulture. The thing stops each time and holds there for a second, no birds do that and no part of any bird is a rectangle. It is not a bird!!!! It is something attached to your drone, as has been said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost