DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What kind of registration? Both?

ForrestGunt

Reactions
I just bought my first drone, a Mavic Pro. I'm just learning but I want to pass the107 so I can use the drone for work, too. Should I register it now for recreation and again after I pass107? How does this work?

I just bought my first drone, a Mavic Pro. I'm just learning but I want to pass the107 so I can use the drone for work, too. Should I register it now for recreation and again after I pass107? How does this work?

You should register your drone regardless of whether you decide to take 107.

You should register your drone regardless of whether you decide to take 107.
Thank you! That was my first instinct, but wording in registration process implies I may be doing over again in a month. I assume there must be a lot of people doing the same thing, so they can probably re-classify. Thanks again.
FG

Should I register it now for recreation and again after I pass107?
If you register as Part 107 now, you'll be able to fly for both recreational and commercial purposes. The main difference is that you'll need to register each drone individually.

Reactions: MavicNoob79
Oh, well that's what I was thinking in the first place. Someone else responded to register either way. So I thought I had to register as hobby to be legal, so I did. Crap. I wish I would have waited for more than one response before taking advice. Thx

Registering as a hobbyist only registers yourself (and allows you to apply that registration number to all of your drones). You're only out $5, so don't sweat it too much ;)

Registering as a hobbyist only registers yourself (and allows you to apply that registration number to all of your drones). You're only out $5, so don't sweat it too much ;)
Yeah, it's ok. I'd rather spend the extra $5 and be sure I'm legal to fly now. Do you know how law relates to commercial use of selfie drone (tello/89g) for wk purposes? Less than 250g not required to register for hobby use..

Do you know how law relates to commercial use of selfie drone (tello/89g) for wk purposes? Less than 250g not required to register for hobby use..
If you're flying any kind of drone commercially, you must follow FAA Part 107.

No problem. Feel free to ask anything here. That's what this forum is for :)

No problem. Feel free to ask anything here. That's what this forum is for :)
Nice. I need all the help I can get. Sorry to ksmusa if i implied that your initial advice was incomplete or inaccurate. I'm glad I saw your post & got legit right away for $5. I responded too quickly :) cool pics/vid to follow.
FG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike