DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What should I do as far as ordering?

landcruzr

Reactions
I need an opinion on ordering a Mavic....
I can place an order right now through the local Apple store- but they are telling me its 8-10 weeks out,,,
I have an order placed with the local Cabelas- and they originally told me 1/10/17 for delivery- but have bumped it out to 2/5/17...
The apple order also saves me $100 because of an employer discount..
Is Apple coming through quicker than advertised?
Or shoud I just stick with my original order and hope it doesnt get bumped out again?

I got an email from DJI last night saying they could ship within 1 week now. I also got one from Best Buy and newegg saying they could ship them quickly as well..

So, just depends on how quick you need/want it. If you want it faster then it sounds like there are faster options. If you'd rather save the $100 then stick with what you've got

The DJI Store is shipping in 5-7 business days when you purchase a Mavic here. That's currently the best option unless you're able to find a seller who has stock right now. You'll also save a bit since DJI does not charge tax.

Reactions: Prop_Nut
I bought my mavic from Newegg January 6th it was shipped on the 13th in addition I got $65 worth of store credit at Newegg

My mavic was to be shipped from California at 3 o'clock in the morning the 13th the tracking number given does not update hopefully it'll be here today

When I was at CES a week ago they told me they have totally caught up with production and I should see mine shipped very soon. I ordered direct with DJI on Dec 26th. It arrived Saturday, shipped from their Carson facility.I flew it yesterday.

Funny thing is, I got an email from DJI TODAY saying it was shipped. Duh!

Sent from my VS987 using MavicPilots mobile app

I called Carolina Dronz today, they have no idea when they will ship. I just gave them a deposit.

I want to get a refund, but I paid off my credit card and if I get a refund, I wonder if that still can be added to my CC even though it has a $0 balance.

I want to get a refund, but I paid off my credit card and if I get a refund, I wonder if that still can be added to my CC even though it has a $0 balance.
Yes. You'll have a negative balance on your CC -- meaning you'll have a credit on your CC account.

I called Carolina Dronz today, they have no idea when they will ship. I just gave them a deposit.

Yeah. It'll be negative balance.. then you can either spend some money on it and bring it back to zero or they'll usually cut you a check to get it back to zero. Either way, it's fine to do.

My mavic was to be shipped from California at 3 o'clock in the morning the 13th the tracking number given does not update hopefully it'll be here today

Same here, I even confirmed with Newegg. However, Fedex has no information on the order. Hoping it comes today as well... We will see.

I mentioned this in another thread. But check your local Craigslist. I found mine on CL just before Xmas. The seller was asking 1500 bucks. I told them in a very kind and non-offensive email, that I'd pay the equivalent of 999.99 plus tax as I had intended to buy one from my local brick and mortar. Guy responded pretty quickly and agree to sell it to me for that and the receipt was included as I had asked...

So CL is yet another option... I notice the avg price where I live now for one on CL is 1100.00...

I did respond to a craiglist ad in my area....the seller responded back to me saying he was currently in vacation on the west coast, and that I should open a Gmail account and use their payment system to wire him money,, and then he would mail me the mavic, as he took it with him. When I inquired about his return date, he replied stating that he was extending his vacation and now going to Tahoe.....
The whole thing had scam written all over it, and I haven't heard back from the guy since......
No......I didn t wire him any money.....

Smart move and also a great cautionary comment!

The reason I use/used CL is I want to meet face-to-face and take possession immediately after handing over the cash. I'm not sending/wiring cash to anyone that posts to my local CL or any CL anywhere for that matter...

I even went so far as to open the box and ensure it was actually a Mavic Pro and all the correct contents in the box before either of us left. Wanted to make sure it wasn't just a box with a brick in it...

I did respond to a craiglist ad in my area....the seller responded back to me saying he was currently in vacation on the west coast, and that I should open a Gmail account and use their payment system to wire him money,, and then he would mail me the mavic, as he took it with him. When I inquired about his return date, he replied stating that he was extending his vacation and now going to Tahoe.....
The whole thing had scam written all over it, and I haven't heard back from the guy since......
No......I didn t wire him any money.....

I researched ordering at a few different online sites, especially Amazon as I'm a Prime user. Eventually I Ordered direct from DJI...
http://click.dji.com/ALWCJmlaX71ke5nv9Kk?pm=link
The site made me go through a secure payment site to use my business debit card, but I am set to receive my Mavic Pro way quicker that Amazon was promising!! Once the order was placed at DJI I could log into the account at DJI.com and see the status of my order too. Lastly I continued to research and prepare for my Mavics arrival so found and downloaded the app for my phone to link with the drone. I needed an account - which hey I already had...Handy!! Hope this helps.

I got an email from DJI last night saying they could ship within 1 week now. I also got one from Best Buy and newegg saying they could ship them quickly as well..

So, just depends on how quick you need/want it. If you want it faster then it sounds like there are faster options. If you'd rather save the $100 then stick with what you've got
I absolutely agree is it worth $100 still be delayed 10 to 12 weeks

Ive placed a second order through DJI direct- We wil see what happens now- Its all processed and just waiting shipping notification. this will save me tax money, and probably arrive sooner(based on all that Ive read)..
But I wont cancel either order till I have one in hand

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy