DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What size MicroSD card do you use and why?

I_Like_Drones

Reactions
I've been told that a 32GB card will record 100 minutes of 4K video, is that true?

If it is I will probably use 32GB cards and swap them as needed. Otherwise I will keep recording multiple flights on bigger cards until the card is full and then give myself a headache with so much footage and also risk losing a lot if the card or MP has issues.

What size cards do you use and why?

I use 32gb, just because I empty all of my SD cards onto a hard drive with the name of the date they were taken every night, so I don't need a 64gb card if I empty it every day

WHAT
I two 64GB cards and two 128GB cards.

WHY
(1) They were cheap. $23 and $45 respectively, from Amazon.
(2) I don't want to offload daily. Once a week is good for me.
(3) When I travel, sometimes I won't have a convenient way to offload. This happens like 3-4 times a year.
(4) I use them in my GoPro as well. I had a 64GB and a 128GB for the GoPro, then when I got the Mavic, I purchased 1 of each again. I didn't want to favor one over the other! ;) But kidding aside, this gives me some flexibility. Having a 32GB card on the GoPro is not very practical; the 32GB will last just over an hour on my GoPro setting, but I typically film 3+ hours when shooting.

I also have one 32GB card and several cards that are 16GB or less. These are strictly for backups.

I have a 64g. Back when I first got the MP, they were on sale at Amazon so a 64g was cheaper than a 32g at the time. I have 32s in all my DSLRs.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo