DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

what size screws fit in the threaded holes on the bottom of the smart controller?

any idea the thread and thread pitch? thanks

4M (metric). The length can vary. I found a 6 worked but longer ones can also work. Use a toothpick to gage the depth. If you need a comparison - the joy sticks have the matching thread and screw into those holes.

Such an elegant solution! What is the length of your bolts? And they are 4mm 7pitch?

Your solution looks more reliable, but my machinist pals would charge me too much to make that. Am thinking i'd just get eye bolts & a neck strap locally. I wanted to be sure on the thread spec & length.

Nice work!

I did send out a few sets of screws when it was discovered that DJI used an odd size for mounting. No lanyard, just hardware that I made.View attachment 65148View attachment 65149

Post number
Such an elegant solution! What is the length of your bolts? And they are 4mm 7pitch?

Your solution looks more reliable, but my machinist pals would charge me too much to make that. Am thinking i'd just get eye bolts & a neck strap locally. I wanted to be sure on the thread spec & length.

Nice work!

Nice work!
post number 4 is correct.
4mm x .7 pitch
The threaded length on my screws is .375

I need some that can be taken off easily. I have to be able to put the SC in the Flymore Bag. It fits without the screws... with the screws I am pretty sure it would not.

I ordered this. Has not arrived yet. I have had no luck trying to find eye screws that match the spec, but they may be available online.https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1457823-REG/digitalfoto_solution_limited_sc_dms01_adjustable_rubber_and_nylon.html

I need some that can be taken off easily. I have to be able to put the SC in the Flymore Bag. It fits without the screws... with the screws I am pretty sure it would not.
I have the early edition of Starz' eye screws and it fits in the flymore page with them on.

I ordered this. Has not arrived yet. I have had no luck trying to find eye screws that match the spec, but they may be available online.https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1457823-REG/digitalfoto_solution_limited_sc_dms01_adjustable_rubber_and_nylon.html
Once you have that in your possession, please post a picture of the eye bolts. When I looked at the pictures of what they are selling, it didn’t look to be something I would trust hanging an 800.00 piece of equipment from.
Hopefully you don’t have an issue.

Reactions: Citizen Flier
Agreed Starz. I only ordered in case I can't find a better option. I tried a couple of online specialty options, no luck so far. I might try the temporary loctite. (spellcheck REALLY wanted me to use: lactate:D)

I repurposed my camera backpack. It carries all my drone gear + water & clothes etc for remote destinations (day hikes or bike). I also bought light walkie talkies to direct volunteer subjects that may be out of earshot. I did see a cover that protects joysticks so they can be left on SC, but that sounds risky to me.

I have the early edition of Starz' eye screws and it fits in the flymore page with them on.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett