DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What software is the best for editing vids and photos ?

I'm just trying to find one that will work without spending mucho $$$ on new computer equipment. Resolve refuses to run on my video card, a couple of "freebies" (open source) ones I've tried don't produce great results. I'm playing around with kdenlive right now...seems stable on my equipment, but, being new to all this, I'm still learning to fly. I'll worry about the video editing later! Good luck.

Windows 10 video editor is about as lite as it gets, and its pretty decent...from the start menu...If you just click on your video, to play, you will noticed at the bottom of the window a pencil icon, click it and you have a few choices like trim.
My computer is rather old, so what I do is I use windows 10 to trim and cut my footage, and its fast, (4k, 60fps) Then use those "good" files in Davinci, (takes an eternity to trim raw videos) and then put everything together.

Point being: Use windows 10 to cut and trim your videos into good segments, then use those in an editor or heck Windows 10 video editor is ok.. Mess around with it, its free and its already installed. Good luck...

WAIT, I did forget something, you will have to purchase the hvec codec, from the windows store, to watch and/or edit raw videos, it costs 99 cents. If windows don't play your videos it will give you links to the proper codec in the store.
Or you can search for it and purchase and install, from the store. It is well worth a dollar!!!!

Last edited:
Mostly I use Cyberlink PowerDirector (an old one at V16) and occasionally use Adobe Premier 2021. Cyberlink is reasonably priced and when you buy the suite you get all kinds of nice extras (like transitions). Also, there are plenty of videos on YouTube and even a couple of UDemy courses on PowerDirector.

What do you guys think ?
If you are using the DJI Fly App, have you tried their basic video editor that is part of the App? It actually works quite well, allowing cuts, transitions and even some simple titling. I also use file size reduction Apps for videos and stills which allows me to save and email clips straight off my iphone 11 Pro. For better quality work, I have DaVinci Resolve 17 Studio on my recent high end HP Z Book. Best of luck - ?????

I find that iMovie and iPhoto do a fine job on my iMac and are quick as they are native. Vids and pics look fine on my 80” TV. I record jpeg+ RAW. On my computer the RAW files open as .DNG

Reactions: Marcass Carcass
Repeated questions are the life blood of an online discussion forum. If every question was only allowed to be asked once, there wouldn't be enough discussions to keep anyone's interest.
This same exact question is asked many times a month. It would be prudent of the person who desaires this very common type of quest to use the search function first and if no answers are found, query the members.

Reactions: gemniii
This same exact question is asked many times a month. It would be prudent of the person who desaires this very common type of quest to use the search function first and if no answers are found, query the members.
Just doing a quick search for "Best Video Editing Software", the last thread was from September 2020. Maybe it's not asked as much as people think?
Either way, being a member of different forums, new members ask the same questions without searching all the time. It's easier to just ignore the thread than respond if you don't care.

Is it soooo hard to ignore some regurgitated topic rather than taking the time to be rude? They will figure it out or more likely people like me would be glad to help, I told him what I used and later offered a suggestion on win 10 native editor and how to get the proper codec for it...I like this stuff.. Nothing like like the feeling of finding out something straight up rather than walking around in the dark forever searching.....I will help if I can, never shoot someone down....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa