DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What tablet should i get for my air 2s ?...

jojonono

Reactions
Am getting an air 2s soon and from my past drones I found it pretty annoying flying with a 6.8" phone, I am looking at it getting a 10" tablet to fit my carry case and for professional work as a phone screen won't cut it fir me, so what tablet do you guys recommend for the fly app at around 200$ and gets reasonably bright in sunny days ?...

Thx,

Samsung S-6 lite..You will need to make or buy yourself a hood but the tablet works great with the app..

If you want super bright your going to need to increase your budget by a good amount..$200 wont cut it

Am getting an air 2s soon and from my past drones I found it pretty annoying flying with a 6.8" phone, I am looking at it getting a 10" tablet to fit my carry case and for professional work as a phone screen won't cut it fir me, so what tablet do you guys recommend for the fly app at around 200$ and gets reasonably bright in sunny days ?...

Thx,

The Tripltek tablets are the best for flying on bright days and can be used as a phone ( sim card friendly).

It also handles the DJI apps.

The drawback, it's well over $200 and it may not fit your case.

I liked the Apple mini 4 when I flew my Spark, but the screen wasn't bright enough and a four sided sun hood helped, but I kept getting a CPU overload message due to the FLY app.

Good luck with your shopping. :)

Reactions: GFields
I bought the S8 but haven't received it yet. There's no tablet at your budget that even gets marginally bright. If brightness is your only requirement then go for the Tripltek 8 Pro.

I've been using the Tripltek 8 with my MA2 for about a year and IMO it can't be beat. It's pretty much bullet proof, is designed with flying drones in mind, and is a powerful tablet that will serve your other computer needs as well. As mentioned, it can also be used as a phone, but IS beyond your $200 budget.

Thx,
TabA

1000 nits or better
DJI CrystalSky 2017
DJI RC Pro 2021
Tripltek

Tablets that meet the following criteria required for the Fly App:
Android 6.0 minimum
64 bit hardware and OS
3 or 4 GB RAM.
With GPS (not required but a benefit)
Compass(not required but a benefit)

Confirmed, Works on:
MM2
MA2
MA2s
Above specs verified @ GSMArena.com - mobile phone reviews, news, specifications and more...

Android Tablets
Lenovo Legion Y700
Huawei MediaPad M5
Samsung 8.7" Galaxy Tab A7 Lite 32GB Tablet
Samsung Tab А8 10.5 Wi-Fi SM-X200; Galaxy Tab А8 10.5 LTE SM-X205
Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 10.4
Samsung S5E
Samsung Galaxy Tab A
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active3
Asus Zenpad Z8s ZT582KL
The attached list is tablets only pulled from phantomhelp.com - best-tablets and phones. Some have the nits listed.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Tablet_List.pdf
    440.8 KB · Views: 16
i had the tripltek 8 pro, specifically because my iphone blacked out for any mid-day flight with the air2s, here in south florida. tripltek was great, albeit a little clunky. i later got mavic 3 and was able to connect that RCPro to the air2s, so goodbye tripltek. it sold for $600 approx; so if you're interested, you can look around for used something similar.

Reactions: stowman2
I'm using (3) different tablets. I have a new iPad Mini, a 2018 iPad Pro, and a Samsung Galaxy S7+ tablet. The Samsung tablet has the least connection issues, but it's impossible to see on a sunny day without a hood. The iPad's are amazing on sunny days, but the iPad pro has connection issues with the controller. There's pros/cons on both sides. The iPad mini is that "Just right" tablet with no connection issues, no screen glare issues. I use it when I'm in a hurry. I just prefer the larger tablets for most use cases since they're easier to see. If you don't care about size the iPad Mini's are perfect.

Reactions: ANT0407
And what is the best tablet mount for the remote? My first post after 3 years, i hope you are all good. I just purchased an air 2s but i am missing from my 2 zoom the side sensors and some zoom.

Attachments

• F382CBA5-8E5E-4064-AEA1-03F0A7EEF097.jpeg
    F382CBA5-8E5E-4064-AEA1-03F0A7EEF097.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 5
  • AF3AC951-F1D0-4E6D-BF82-772EF67CD379.jpeg
    AF3AC951-F1D0-4E6D-BF82-772EF67CD379.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
  • C55BB6A4-DAE6-4DF1-A637-7A9A7C9504EB.jpeg
    C55BB6A4-DAE6-4DF1-A637-7A9A7C9504EB.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals