DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What techniques to capture bright sky and dark scenery

goixiz

Reactions
I like to learn how to take better pics but i have a hard time with pictures that are too dark when i take "manual" pictures with bright sky
vlcsnap-2020-06-01-08h00m09s287.jpg

I was hoping to take a panoramic shot but that didnnt work well as i was unable to see the scenery due to the skies overexposed. And if i adjust to the scenery then the skies are not visible.

THanks for any advice

p.s. I will try to take AEB shots for single but i dont think thats available for panoramic

I like to learn how to take better pics but i have a hard time with pictures that are too dark when i take "manual" pictures with bright sky
One way would be to avoid shooting when the sky is so bright and the foreground is so dark.
You could always try shooting in overcast weather when the lighting is more uniform and diffuse.
Or shoot with the sun behind you and lighting your image area, rather than shooting into the sun.

How would you use Litchi to handle difficult lighting?

Well you wouldn't of course! I posted to the wrong thread. Must be losing the plot faster than I thought :(

I did load your image into photoshop, but there wasn't a lot I could do with the JPEG version. It could be improved, but not dramatically. If you saved it in RAW format, it might be improved. I'd try some HDR shooting and see how that works out. I know it's not a pano mode, but it might be the answer to this type of light.

Reactions: Meta4
Just use the shadow / highlight function in photoshop to open up the shadow. It will be better to work on the RAW file as there will be more room for editing.

open up shadow.jpg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC