DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What to do with my old 3DR Solo drone? (+Crash video)

Metallic Hawk

Reactions
I crashed my 3DR Solo at an abandoned amusement park while back, busted the gimbal, and knew that I wanted to upgrade it rather than repair it.

I am so incredibly happy with my new DJI Mavic 2 Zoom, but I'm looking for suggestions with what to do with my old 3DR Solo.

IThe Solo flys fine, but the gimbal doesn't move. It uses a GoPro for photos/video (fisheye!) with a fixed gimbal, but unstablilized of course, so not super useful.

I'm looking for ideas of what I can do with it other than just sell it (for parts or as a toy).

Here's the minute and a half crash video, I'm sure you can see what I did wrong...

Last edited:
Reactions: Skywalker
I'm looking for ideas of what I can do with it other than just sell it (for parts or as a toy).
Hmm... repair it and keep it? I don't think there are any other options.

Reactions: Metallic Hawk
Maybe put it in a nice glass display case to put on display at home or the office.

We make high grade custom size cases (for all sorts of memorabilia) here in Australia for a huge client base, but I'm sure you can get something made up close to home.

I'm happy to share how we make them with you by PM (Conversation), and give you some tips to ask prospective suppliers there.

stormtrooper_helmet_lr.jpg

Sorry for your loss but in the future maybe leave tree trimming to an arborist ;)

• Haha
I crashed my 3DR Solo at an abandoned amusement park while back, busted the gimbal, and knew that I wanted to upgrade it rather than repair it.

I am so incredibly happy with my new DJI Mavic 2 Zoom, but I'm looking for suggestions with what to do with my old 3DR Solo.

IThe Solo flys fine, but the gimbal doesn't move. It uses a GoPro for photos/video (fisheye!) with a fixed gimbal, but unstablilized of course, so not super useful.

Here's the minute and a half crash video, I'm sure you can see what I did wrong...

Sucks dude, it you but a creative and entertaining spin on it.

I don't use a gimbaled camera when I'm dropping contraband into prison exercise yards.

Start your graveyard. Once you have been doing this for some years, it will grow.
I have quite a collection of perfectly serviceable drones that no longer get flown anymore. Shelves of them. Not worth anything really but I can’t bring myself to dispose of things that have nothing wrong with them, much to my wives dismay :)

Start your graveyard. Once you have been doing this for some years, it will grow.
I have quite a collection of perfectly serviceable drones that no longer get flown anymore. Shelves of them. Not worth anything really but I can’t bring myself to dispose of things that have nothing wrong with them, much to my wives dismay :)
Makes me happy to know I am not the only one with this problem!!;)

I have two 3DR solos now defunct, as I purchased a DJI air 2s. I came here hoping to find some way to sell them.
While the read was entertaining it was not what I hoped. Anyway, the graveyard is started.

Yea, keep it, you can always let's someone try to learn how to fly. The solo app doesn't work any more. There are 3rd party apps available. Finding a gimbal shouldn't be hard or just go with the static gimbal and a GP4.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots