DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What type of glue/adhesive to use for sensor cover

neveripe

Reactions
Hi,

I had some mishap (violent crash to be precise, but drone survived) and top sensor cover (oval red-tinted plastic covering 2 sensors) got unglued.
I have the cover, so no point ordering full top shell and doing replacement as was advised in the thread on this forum.

I'm extremely new to any kind of RC/drone repairs and not sure which type of glue to use to glue sensor cover back.

Could anyone advise please?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• mavic_2_sensor_cover.jpg
    mavic_2_sensor_cover.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 14
@neveripe a good quality superglue should do it ,the viscus type is probably easier to apply and should stay in place till you have the parts together ,use sparingly

I would use any thing that you have to hand BUT WHICH WAS NOT a solvent type glue.
For me that would be Araldite.
OMM's "use sparingly" is the crucial bit, I'd probably apply it with the tip of a scalpel or a needle etc..

Hi,

I had some mishap (violent crash to be precise, but drone survived) and top sensor cover (oval red-tinted plastic covering 2 sensors) got unglued.
I have the cover, so no point ordering full top shell and doing replacement as was advised in the thread on this forum.

I'm extremely new to any kind of RC/drone repairs and not sure which type of glue to use to glue sensor cover back.

Could anyone advise please?

Thanks in advance!
Hope that is the most that happened to the drone. Do some take-off hovering at 1 meter for a battery or two to make sure everything is kosher, esp if a "violent" crash. Possibly recalibrating IMU / compass / etc before flying / testing will also help.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e