DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What version of the Go App comes preinstalled on CS

McToddy

Reactions
Hi All --

I'm currently running the Go App v4.1.3 (on a OnePlus One running Android v6.0.1 that is always set in airplane mode) to fly my Mavic Pro running FW v01.03.400. Things have been great and the only issue I've had is that the photos taken inflight don't always download to the OnePlus (resetting the photo index usually restores this functionality, but I tend remove the SD card to download the photos to a PC, so not getting the photos on the phone is just an annoyance.) I've only had one app crash in 6 months of flying with this set up.

I'm considering getting the CS 5.5, to better deal with flying in the bright daylight. The thing though, I don't want to get forced into updating the FW on the MP. I've gotten the impression that some of the new versions of the Go App (I don't know the specific version), may force me to upgrade the FW on the MP.

Why stay with .400? Why fix what ain't broke. (I've seen a number of threads here on this site where people complain of things no longer working after a FW update.) But, more importantly, I don't want to get stuck in restricted mode (30 foot elevation, 50 foot range max that I heard came about with .800 and later) because I can't log into the Go App. I do a lot of flying in the SoCal mountains where I don't have cell reception all the time. I don't want to get into the situation where I can't fly because I don't have cell reception.

Thx

... I tend remove the SD card to download the photos to a PC, so not getting the photos on the phone is just an annoyance.) I've only had one app crash in 6 months of flying with this set up.

I'm considering getting the CS 5.5, to better deal with flying in the bright daylight. The thing though, I don't want to get forced into updating the FW on the MP. I've gotten the impression that some of the new versions of the Go App (I don't know the specific version), may force me to upgrade the FW on the MP.

Why stay with .400? Why fix what ain't broke.

Do you mean Adobe CS 5.5?

If so, I'm not aware that the software that you use in post requires updates of either the app or the FW.

He's talking about the crystal sky.
CrystalSky

Thanks for the link.

So the OP's concern is that the embedded DJI GO app and FW that come with the CS's android OS may not function well with his AC?

Suggestion:

--Buy on Amazon and return if does not work out

Buy the iPad Mini 4 with attached sunshade that slides directly into the loving arms of the Air and Pro RCs as if they were made by one another.
Sunshade.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for the link.

So the OP's concern is that the embedded DJI GO app and FW that come with the CS's android OS may not function well with his AC?

Suggestion:

--Buy on Amazon and return if does not work out

Buy the iPad Mini 4 with attached sunshade that slides directly into the loving arms of the Air and Pro RCs as if they were made by one another.
View attachment 36976
That works, I had the same setup on my tablet, but the crystalsky is much better. Sun shade? Crystalsky dont need no stinkin' sunshade. lol. Seriously though, the clarity is superb. You don't need a shade even on the brightest days. The downside is that they are known to break here and there. Mine is actually being shipped back to DJI as we speak to replace the backlight.

I recently upgraded my firmware on my mavic and controller, was running the 700 firmware for a while. I'll downgrade back to 700 when I get my CS back and let you know if you haven't got an answer by then. I was planning on reverting back to 700 soon anyhow.

Sun shade? Crystalsky dont need no stinkin' sunshade. lol. Seriously though, the clarity is superb. You don't need a shade even on the brightest days.

That's good to know. I tend to do rapid deployments. The quicker I can get in the air, the less of a chance I attract onlookers who always want to ask questions (i.e. distractions = buzzkill).

I recently upgraded my firmware on my mavic and controller, was running the 700 firmware for a while. I'll downgrade back to 700 when I get my CS back and let you know if you haven't got an answer by then. I was planning on reverting back to 700 soon anyhow.

What version of FW were you running before reverting back? Were you ever forced to be connected (via WiFi/Cellular) prior to launch on the new version FW?

I actually upgraded to 1.04.0300 right before I got my CS. I was on the old 700 before that. You don't have to be connected to the internet to fly. I can say that for sure. I don't think I have ever been connected while flying.

Reactions: Ping^Spike

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji