DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What Video Editing Software Do You Recommend?

crolsen1

Reactions
Just Started shooting videos with my Mavic and I really like the videos im seeing that you guys are able to produce. I would appreciate it if you guys could recommend what software you guys use and how you learned to edit your videos so well.

You can find a list of commonly used editing apps here.

I'm learning Premiere Pro now and plan to use that when I get my bird. It's part of the Adobe CC software solution and will run you $20/month for the subscription (last I looked)...

Try the adobe premiere elements. Great price and it has a kind of beginner option with really good guide line. After getting used to the basics things, you can move to the expert option.

Reactions: Gonçalo
Debt free means I refuse to pay for any editing software on a monthly basis . So I use The iMovie app on my iPad. Then I will drop box over to my PC and finish off with movie maker. It's all free and my clients are happy .

Just Started shooting videos with my Mavic and I really like the videos im seeing that you guys are able to produce. I would appreciate it if you guys could recommend what software you guys use and how you learned to edit your videos so well.

I've used Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Final Cut Pro, iMovie, and DaVinci Resolve 12. All are great for video editing, but it's all relative. It really depends on what you're looking for and where your target audience is. Is your audience on Youtube, Facebook, or other social media apps?

In my opinion, DaVinci Resolve 12 is awesome for what it can do and for an awesome price...FREE. However, I keep going back to Final Cut Pro...mainly because I've been using it longer than any of the others I've mentioned. And I may be biased because I'm on a Macbook pro.

For all programs/apps I've learned by watching tons of tutorials on Youtube and by attempting to perform all the actions shown in those tutorials.

My suggestion for you is to start with a free editor (iMovie, DJI editor, or DaVinic Resolve 12) and go from there.

I use DaVinci Resolve since it is free and very powerful, if you are not familiar with video editing it is a bit of learning but there are pretty good tutorials on YouTube to help you out. They do have a paid version if you need the extra features.

I've used Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Final Cut Pro, iMovie, and DaVinci Resolve 12. All are great for video editing, but it's all relative. It really depends on what you're looking for and where your target audience is. Is your audience on Youtube, Facebook, or other social media apps?

In my opinion, DaVinci Resolve 12 is awesome for what it can do and for an awesome price...FREE. However, I keep going back to Final Cut Pro...mainly because I've been using it longer than any of the others I've mentioned. And I may be biased because I'm on a Macbook pro.

For all programs/apps I've learned by watching tons of tutorials on Youtube and by attempting to perform all the actions shown in those tutorials.

My suggestion for you is to start with a free editor (iMovie, DJI editor, or DaVinic Resolve 12) and go from there.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I use Vegas as I bought it a long time ago. In hindsight I should-of invested in either FCP or After Effect/sPremiere as those packages have more 3rd party templates that you can use to wrap your video..

I have a subscription to adobe for business, and tried premier pro and final cut pro and decided to stick with final cut pro.

For me the decider was ease of use. Obviously this is a personal thing, but i spent equal time with both and found that final cut pro was a bit more beginner friendly in terms of layout, tools and presentation. Looking through clips, dragging, dropping, scrubbing and adjusting clips was more intuitive so i didn't feel like i was fighting the program and running to youtube for a tutorial every minute. Built in transitions and text tools are also easy and quick to do. Also on my mac i found that premier had performance issues. Some positives for premier pro is that does seem to have some better built in coloring tools . They use terms and tools i'm familiar through Lightroom and Photoshop. In the end it was a compromise, but since this is a hobby for me, i ended choosing the program that gave me the least frustration and friction. I also picked up this plugin for final cut pro for color correction Color Finale - Professional Color Grading in Final Cut Pro X

Hope that helps.

Try the adobe premiere elements. Great price and it has a kind of beginner option with really good guide line. After getting used to the basics things, you can move to the expert option.
Is this a one-time pay or monthly/annual subscription?

I've been using Premiere, but I'm getting set to learn Davini Resolve. The free version is pretty capable (esp the current 12.5 release) and there is a series of 10 tutorials by Redshark (see youtube.com) as well as a new book now on Amazon. If your focus is on transitions, fancy effects, titles, etc then go with Premiere. The Premiere Elements version is quite capable and only $80. If you're more focused on color grading, seeing all of the fancy histograms and frequency charts and whatnot, then go with Resolve. Resolve Studio (with the massively expensive control panel you don't need) is what a lot of Hollywood studios use.

Reactions: Skyroam
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61