DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What video editing software you guys using?

Slowcaptain

Reactions
So I spent a lot of time downloading, evaluating a handful of video editing softwares. Most of them are behemoths and absolutely suck the life out of your machine if it is anything less than a high end setup. Mine is a 5th gen i7 with 16GB RAM and a 2GB GFX card, and the thing absolutely dies editing 4K video.
Anyhoo, I used Adobe Lightroom CC (for color grading/LUTs loading) in combination with Movavi Video editor for trimming, clipping, joining and transitioning of videos.

Took a better part of the day for editing and rendering, but I think results for a novice first timer are good.

What programs are you folks using, which is less cumbersome and does not burn a big hole in your pocket?

Last edited:
Loving davinci resolve at the moment. Just need to create optimised media to edit 4 smoothly. Most editors will struggle with 4k.

Reactions: djorgen
Loving davinci resolve at the moment. Just need to create optimised media to edit 4 smoothly. Most editors will struggle with 4k.
My laptop died editing a 6 minute 4K file through Davinci resolve lol. It is very comprehensive but way too resource heavy I think.

Would you guys like to see the video (on YouTube) I made? I don't want to sound promotional so a bit hesitant.

Anyone using Sony Vegas pro on PC?

I've used it for mounting video with gopro, but I did not try yet with the 4K video of MP..

Reactions: Regulator247
Lumatouch is undoubtedly the best software you can use on your phone are use an iPhone and a mini iPad for you will never use anything else
Wasn't even aware of this! I have Affinity for photos but it doesn't edit videos. Gotta give this a try. Thanks!

My wife thinks I have a man crush on Ken Heron..... maybeee I do. Ha

I watched this YouTube video on my big screen going through surround sound & it was 1 of the best things I've seen/listened to in a long time. I asked Ken what editing software he used & he answered Adobe Premier Pro.

My wife thinks I have a man crush on Ken Heron..... maybeee I do. Ha

I watched this YouTube video on my big screen going through surround sound & it was 1 of the best things I've seen/listened to in a long time. I asked Ken what editing software he used & he answered Adobe Premier Pro.

That's incredible although I saw it on a tiny laptop screen.

Here is what I made using Movavi and Lightroom. Please excuse the quality and overall workmanship :)

Reactions: Chip and Nomade
FCPX to DaVinci 14. Cant beat resolve for colour grading.

Just seems hard to do. I can't find a view big enough in the color grading screen to actually see the impact the grading changes are having while I am doing the adjusting.

Using proxies for 4k in FCPX works acceptably well on my i5 MacBook pro. Without them I would be dead in the water.

Reactions: Udhar
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefons82