DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What would you do?

Dunegolfer

Reactions
I bought the DJI Mini 3 Fly More Combo. Because DJI doesn’t package it together, they mistakingly sent me a Mavic 3 Fly More Combo which is completely packaged together! so, I have now, the Mini 3 (which while loving the camera, I hate everything else about it. It’s a toy!) I informed the seller, which they were going to send me a box and label to send back to them. Nothing came. I called, left messages. Still no return box. Called salesman and talked to him again. Four months later, Still nothing!

First, I’m an honest person and just wanted what I paid for. I’ve bought three drones off of this company; had them do service and was quite happy with them until went to take my Mavic Pro in for service and they told me it had water damage And that they won’t work on it. $150 to tell me that. It’s never been in or near water ever! (Yes I’m justifying! like I said, I’m honest!)

Second, They sold me on getting a Mini 3. Sold me on it as in telling me it’s a great drone and that I can bring to them for service, etc. I had an issue one day with extreme winds that came up mid-flight, when bringing the unit down, it tagged the ground and broke both props on one corner. I do not like flying the Mini 3. I can’t see it, I can’t hear it and it’s just to quick to react in comparison to the Mavic Pro. I take it into them to repair because at the factory, one of the prop screws was torqued in too tight. It won’t come out. I do have the DJI coverage, but as a DJI dealer, they inform me that they will not work on the Mini 3 after telling me they would when selling it!

So….what do you do? I’m open to suggestions! Do I keep the Mavic 3??? I still have it, unopened and ready to send back to them! But im really unhappy with the way ive been treated. After dealing with DJI’s horrible customer service, this likely will be the last Drone from them unless something drastically changes. No more Mr. Nice Guy!

You’ve been honest. I think the seller has made clear that the transaction is done. I think you’ve made it clear that your relationship with the seller is done. I don’t think you owe them anything. They made a mistake, they don’t want it corrected. Time to move on!

My opinion is that you just need to decide if you’re keeping or selling on each drone.

You’ve been honest. I think the seller has made clear that the transaction is done. I think you’ve made it clear that your relationship with the seller is done. I don’t think you owe them anything. They made a mistake, they don’t want it corrected. Time to move on!

My opinion is that you just need to decide if you’re keeping or selling on each drone.
Thanks for your reply! It’s much appreciated! 1-0 Mavic 3. And yes, I would sell the Mini 3 Pro.

I assume the seller was not DJI.
So you paid for a Mini 3 pro combo and received a Mavic 3 combo which, I figure is a much higher priced product. This means you got a whole more than what you paid. It seems that you should keep the high priced Mavic 3 combo which you seem to like.
What am I missing here?

I assume the seller was not DJI.
So you paid for a Mini 3 pro combo and received a Mavic 3 combo which, I figure is a much higher priced product. This means you got a whole more than what you paid. It seems that you should keep the high priced Mavic 3 combo which you seem to like.
What am I missing here?
FLDave, Correct! It was bought by a certified DJI seller & repair company. The Mavic 3 Fly More Bundle is a drone that goes for just under $3,000 compared to the Mini 3 Pro w/ add on Fly More Bundle which goes for under $1,400. i have not opened the Mavic 3. It’s still new in the box unopened. Plastic still on it!

The only thing I’m asking is, “what would you do?” Morally, I wanted to return this. I wouldn’t want to see anyone lose their job over it. But given the hassles I’ve had with both DJI and the seller, who has been unresponsive I want to gauge everyone’s opinion what they would do.

I think you gave them enough chances to take the drone back and the fact that you have been honest and upfront about it whereas others would have just kept it. You should keep the Mavic 3, its all about Karma and they did you wrong and they got punished by sending out a M3 🤣

I think you gave them enough chances to take the drone back and the fact that you have been honest and upfront about it whereas others would have just kept it. You should keep the Mavic 3, its all about Karma and they did you wrong and they got punished by sending out a M3 🤣
Thank you for your reply! Mavic 3 leads 2-0!

Keep it. However, keep all the corespondence/ proof of your willingness to return it to them, texts/ emails etc.
If it comes back on you, you still have the proof of your comms to them.

If worst comes to worst aplogise and return the second hand M3 or offer to buy it off them at a stupid price. (Sell the Mini3 to make up the differance)

Four months is a long time to resolve a problem so I would say the case is long closed so just let it go and move on, especially as you have not suffered any loss.
However, a moral issue is not a public issue; it is your personal decision and not up to the web public. I see no reason to make your personal morality into a public discussion. If you really want this to be a public discussion, then please disclose all the issues including the name of this "certified reseller". I have no idea what constitutes a "certified reseller". Is Best Buy a certified reseller or just a retailer? Is B&H a certified reseller? I do question those sellers on Amazon who define themselves a certified resellers and would have reasons to question items from them. Are you certain your boxed M3 is really new?
A few years ago I bought a DJI Spark from such an Amazon reseller. Turns out it was stolen. I found this out when I tried to register it and had to call DJI and learned a truckload of items was stolen and DJI de-activated the serial numbers. I did get a refund through Amazon and purchased successfully from another seller.
Back to the morality issue; it really is a business decision you need to make for yourself.

Reactions: Dunegolfer
I think the OP was just wanting to know if he is within the bounds of what is acceptable given these particulars. This isn’t a black and white situation. I’m for keeping the Mavic3, as he’s done enough for the seller.

Reactions: Dunegolfer
Four months is a long time to resolve a problem so I would say the case is long closed so just let it go and move on, especially as you have not suffered any loss.
However, a moral issue is not a public issue; it is your personal decision and not up to the web public. I see no reason to make your personal morality into a public discussion. If you really want this to be a public discussion, then please disclose all the issues including the name of this "certified reseller". I have no idea what constitutes a "certified reseller". Is Best Buy a certified reseller or just a retailer? Is B&H a certified reseller? I do question those sellers on Amazon who define themselves a certified resellers and would have reasons to question items from them. Are you certain your boxed M3 is really new?
A few years ago I bought a DJI Spark from such an Amazon reseller. Turns out it was stolen. I found this out when I tried to register it and had to call DJI and learned a truckload of items was stolen and DJI de-activated the serial numbers. I did get a refund through Amazon and purchased successfully from another seller.
Back to the morality issue; it really is a business decision you need to make for yourself.
It was bought from a well-known dealer here in California. Definitely not stolen. It was shipped directly from DJI in Cerritos, California. Appreciate your response! Thanks! That was some of the information I was wanting to know, if they can deactivate the drone, rendering it totally useless. (Other then sale of parts)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder