DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Whats going on with DJI and shipping???

TruGreen

Reactions
So this is rather curious and kinda odd to me. I placed an order 1-28-19 for the MP2 with SRC combo and get tracking verification on 1-30-19 3:32 am Shipment information sent to FedEx, then at 11:05 pm SHENZHEN CN At FedEx origin facility.... ok so great my item is coming from China no big Deal DJI is located there....1-31-19 11:05 pm SHENZHEN CN At FedEx origin facility, again cool its moving....2-1-19 1:19 am LANTAU ISLAND HK In transit, then at 11:09 pm MEMPHIS, TN Arrived at FedEx location still 2-1-19.... awesome its in the states at the Main FedEx hub.....2-2-19 4:53 am ONTARIO, CA At destination sort facility again sweet its in Cali I'll have it Mon 2-4....sure enough 2-4-19 8:18 am TEMECULA, CA On FedEx vehicle for delivery, and was delivered a few hours later to me in Hemet, Ca... now the interesting thing the return address on the box was DJI Cerritos, CA???

So did my item really go on a wild ride from China, to HK, to Memphis, Tn, to Cali??? or was the tracking info falsified and it just was shipped from Cali to me in Cali? the box has no customs labels. just a single Fedex label. of was it reboxed and shipped?

I know its not important. the important thing is i received what i paid for but its still rather interesting.

So this is rather curious and kinda odd to me. I placed an order 1-28-19 for the MP2 with SRC combo and get tracking verification on 1-30-19 3:32 am Shipment information sent to FedEx, then at 11:05 pm SHENZHEN CN At FedEx origin facility.... ok so great my item is coming from China no big Deal DJI is located there....1-31-19 11:05 pm SHENZHEN CN At FedEx origin facility, again cool its moving....2-1-19 1:19 am LANTAU ISLAND HK In transit, then at 11:09 pm MEMPHIS, TN Arrived at FedEx location still 2-1-19.... awesome its in the states at the Main FedEx hub.....2-2-19 4:53 am ONTARIO, CA At destination sort facility again sweet its in Cali I'll have it Mon 2-4....sure enough 2-4-19 8:18 am TEMECULA, CA On FedEx vehicle for delivery, and was delivered a few hours later to me in Hemet, Ca... now the interesting thing the return address on the box was DJI Cerritos, CA???

So did my item really go on a wild ride from China, to HK, to Memphis, Tn, to Cali??? or was the tracking info falsified and it just was shipped from Cali to me in Cali? the box has no customs labels. just a single Fedex label. of was it reboxed and shipped?

I know its not important. the important thing is i received what i paid for but its still rather interesting.

Same thing here exactly per your details except my package didn't go to Memphis.

There was a label on my box that referenced the California place also.
Tracking showed it was in Memphis,from China. That’s the group that got held up on customs issues. Let me know when you guys have it all figured out. I’m not smart enough to get that far. And in reality, does it matter?
I don’t think anyone can determine what thought process DJI uses at times. But they do make nice stuff!

Its good to think openly like that a very good to question it lol! Good post

ive ordered many a times stuff from Ebay from China and when it comes theres is always a customs label with a bunch of Chinese writing and all that fun stuff. so this makes me wonder did it not just come from the Cali location?

My thoughts too. But how do they get fedex to route all the track info through China?

I ordered the Zoom in Oct. It shipped to me from Calif (but no sales tax whereas if I had ordered from Amazon there would be another $100 or so in sales tax). But the Smart Controller appears to have shipped like above, from China to Hong Kong to Memphis where there was the paperwork delay but in fact it arrived when originally posted.

Now why they have not shipped a pallet of controllers to Calif, I don't know!

I ordered the Zoom in Oct. It shipped to me from Calif (but no sales tax whereas if I had ordered from Amazon there would be another $100 or so in sales tax). But the Smart Controller appears to have shipped like above, from China to Hong Kong to Memphis where there was the paperwork delay but in fact it arrived when originally posted.

Now why they have not shipped a pallet of controllers to Calif, I don't know!
ive ordered from their store to a few others times and tracking info always shows coming from the Cali location. idk its odd to me with this for sure

Perhaps the customs paperwork & clearance happens in bulk with a combination of shipments, and then Stateside it gets dispersed. As an example, when ordering iPhones from Apple and having them direct shipped at launch it comes straight from China but never any customs paperwork or the like accompanies it.

Reactions: ff22
SHENZHEN, CN CN which might match the abbreviation at the top of the label - Origin:

I am pretty certain this thing originated in China, then Hong kong, then stalled for a short bit in Memphis

"

• International shipment release - Import
  • 12:56 am
    MEMPHIS, TN
    Clearance delay - Import
    Commercial Invoice is incomplete.

"

SHENZHEN, CN CN which might match the abbreviation at the top of the label - Origin:

I am pretty certain this thing originated in China, then Hong kong, then stalled for a short bit in Memphis

"

• International shipment release - Import
  • 12:56 am
    MEMPHIS, TN
    Clearance delay - Import
    Commercial Invoice is incomplete.

"

Yep, started out in Shenzhen, know it well Thumbswayup

Yep, started out in Shenzhen, know it well Thumbswayup

There seems confusing why there was no real customs label attached to the box. Perhaps Fedex smuggled them in via a caravan through Mexico!

So you fly to China? Where is Shenzhen?

My thoughts too. But how do they get fedex to route all the track info through China?

Y'all will have to trust me on this but Customs has nothing to do with the airbill and FedEx would never let them determine the routing of a package. And yes, containers are in fact cleared in bulk, there's no way they could look at each package when there are probably a hundred containers a day from Shenzen on multiple triple 7's and each can could easily hold a few hundred M2 boxes. There simply isn't enough time to do that and FedEx is all about time.

After I got my M2Z from DJI I ordered a fly more kit from DJI. It was held for 2 weeks after it got to Memphis.

There seems confusing why there was no real customs label attached to the box. Perhaps Fedex smuggled them in via a caravan through Mexico!

So you fly to China? Where is Shenzhen?

Many times have I flown into Shenzhen.

Google Maps

Reactions: ff22
A return address on a label doesn't have to be the ship from address. If it isn't deliverable, they'll send it to their Cali office rather than back to China.

Email is the same way by the way. There's a hidden field for the Return To address.

The repair/return facility is in Cerritos,CA. I crashed my Mavic 2 Pro but I purchased the refresh care insurance... DJI paid for the drone to be shipped to Cerritos. My replacement was shipped back to me from Cerritos. I live in Los Angeles... I don’t know if it’s different depending on where you live.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS