DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's installed on your Tripltek?

Saladshooter

Reactions
Thought I would start a discussion of what is on my Tripltek tablet and why plus ask what is on yours?

DU Recorder. Great and powerful free screen recording tool. Tripltek doesn't have one built in so this is a welcome addition.

XDA Rotation Lock. Terrific and free way to lock Tripltek into landscape mode. It even forces apps that normally appear in portrait to display properly.

Brightness. Simple app for changing the brightness of the Tripltek. I use 25% for everyday viewing and 100% for flying.

Wifi on/off Widget. Drones like my Skydio fly better without wifi interference. This app provides an at a glance view of whether WIFI is on or off and allows me to quickly toggle it off before flight

Open Camera. I seldom use it, but find the included camera app on the Tripltek to be a bit too simple. Open Camera is well regarded, works in landscape and has lots of helpful settings.

Beyond the five additions to my Tripltek above, I have DJI GO4, DJI FLY, Litchi, Parrot Freeflight 6, and Skydio installed. I often drool over various smart controllers but the Tripltek provides an unequaled universal experience for all of my drones.

So what do you use with your Tripltek and why?

IMG_4976.JPG

I'm curious: do you use the Tripltek only for drone flying or do you use it for other purposes? I'm considering buying a Tripltek but I think I would want it to replace the Samsung tablet I'm currently using for 'tablety stuff'.

I'm curious: do you use the Tripltek only for drone flying or do you use it for other purposes? I'm considering buying a Tripltek but I think I would want it to replace the Samsung tablet I'm currently using for 'tablety stuff'.
I use the Tripltek almost exclusively for flying. It does fine a fine job of doing regular "tablety" stuff but I have a full size Ipad for that. The Tripltek is set up exactly how I want for my drones so I try to keep it that way.

I have a lot of stuff on my tablet. Not all is used and does not hinder the performance of my Tripletek. I use it mostly for flying I have all the Apps I need to fly for all my drones. I have programs to get free TV. I have programs to get me free sports. Anything else is on my phone that acts as my hot spot for my Triplek.
It is a beast, don't be afraid to use the very expensive thing. When you pay close to $800 Canadian dollars I will not let it just sit in my flying case when I need it.

Reactions: F00Man
Likey just use mine for flying too as I use a Fold 3 as a phone and it's a heck of a lot lighter.
Would use it more if I ever traveled, but we know what's going on there.

Hi Guys,
I have on my tripltek the following;
GO4
DJI Fly
DroneDeploy
Pix4D
Eos Toolbox
MS Outlook
iAuditor
Google Maps
And the usual tablets things. I use mainly for flying but can review emails and check out what’s happening on the forum. Don’t tell anyone but I have the 12 inch iPad Pro as well that I take with me travelling.
Regards

Reactions: Saladshooter
Hi Guys,
I have on my tripltek the following;
GO4
DJI Fly
DroneDeploy
Pix4D
Eos Toolbox
MS Outlook
iAuditor
Google Maps
And the usual tablets things. I use mainly for flying but can review emails and check out what’s happening on the forum. Don’t tell anyone but I have the 12 inch iPad Pro as well that I take with me travelling.
Regards
That's a working man's tablet if I have ever seen one....

Reactions: Gagey52
I have a lot of stuff on my tablet. Not all is used and does not hinder the performance of my Tripletek. I use it mostly for flying I have all the Apps I need to fly for all my drones. I have programs to get free TV. I have programs to get me free sports. Anything else is on my phone that acts as my hot spot for my Triplek.
It is a beast, don't be afraid to use the very expensive thing. When you pay close to $800 Canadian dollars I will not let it just sit in my flying case when I need it.
How do you use your phone as a hot spot for the tripltek?

Reactions: awraynor
How do you use your phone as a hot spot for the tripltek?
To turn your Android phone into a hotspot, go to Settings, then Mobile Hotspot & Tethering. Tap on Mobile Hotspot to turn it on, set the name of your network and set a password. You connect a computer or tablet to your phone's Wi-Fi hotspot just as you would connect to any other Wi-Fi

thanks for the info... just got my tablet yesterday.
Looking forward to flying with it.
Man this thing is heavy... but I am getting used to it.

of course B4UFLY .
There are many weather apps but I write my own as just html pages
and access them through the browser.
Through the browser there is also WindFinder where you can select your location and save as a bookmark.
Code:
https://www.windfinder.com/weatherforecast/nags_head

Wifi FTP Server free version below but I have the paid version ($10)
transfer files between computer and device through router (hotspot)...
so I don't have to hook up cables.
Code:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.medhaapps.wififtpserver
Nova Launcher paid version... ($5)
Code:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teslacoilsw.launcher
Compass (their are many) this one also shows sunrise/sunset
Code:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.androgames.compass
A+Gallery photo and video viewer, has some nice photo coloring edits.
Code:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.atomicadd.fotos
Total Commander file manager ie "explorer" also has good ability to use playlists (music)
Code:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ghisler.android.TotalCommander
VLC Player
Code:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.videolan.vlc
QuickEdit Text Editor - Writer & Code Editor (below is the free version I use paid $4).
Code:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rhmsoft.edit

Not much of gamer... but one "game" I have used over the years is for me mildly simplistic but fun ( although I don't play it very often...)...
but it seems to end up on my devices eventually....
Ski Safari the little guy skis in "2D" and jumps, flips and rides penguines, yeti, birds, all to avoid an avalanche... like I said mildly simplistic... no killing shooting or zombies.
Code:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yodo1.skisafarigp

Probably add Winamp at some point and my music...
And most likely some bathymetry apps like Navionics and CMap.

That's it as of day one using the tablet...

I don't mind paying for apps I use a lot... and most you can use on multiple devices you own.

That's it as of day one using the tablet...

I don't mind paying for apps I use a lot... and most you can use on multiple devices you own.
Nice list. Your selected Compass app is my favorite as well, unfortunately the internal compass on the Tripltek 7 Pro doesn't work very well. I'm guessing you have the new 8" version.

Total Commander is a fantastic file manager with a built in media player as well.

VLC Player is a classic and plays just about anything

internal compass on the Tripltek 7 Pro doesn't work very well. I'm guessing you have the new 8" version
Interesting.... I hadn't even checked the compass on my 8" Pro.
And actually... well... it sucks. Laggy... sticky... oh well.
Heading values...
Moto Z4 113 degrees
Moto Power G 128 degrees
Tripltek 8 Pro 169 degrees.

Had no idea there would be such discrepancies.

Wonder how flying and the compass comes into play and the maps ?
as I have not test flown with the Tripltek... nasty weather today.

Wonder how flying and the compass comes into play and the maps ?
I've never found an issue flying.... my guess is if you were flying by the compass heading on the map you might be occasionally slightly off course. I've been flying with my Tripltek for a year now and haven't had any ill effects.

The CS has been my biggest disappointment.
Regards
I hear you, but don't get me wrong, I love my CS. It's exactly what I wanted for flying my M2Z. Unfortunately, it does nothing else useful.

Brightness. Simple app for changing the brightness of the Tripltek. I use 25% for everyday viewing and 100% for flying.

I installed the app... and I liked it... BUT (not shouting :) )

It doesn't bump up the tablet to it's maximum brightness.

Sooo... when app is installed... you tap "100%"...

But it doesn't go maximum brightness.

If I do a normal... on the tablet, swipe down, and swipe down again..
Revealing the brightness "bar"....

I swipe left to decrease.... and then swipe again right to maximum....

BOOM... much brighter than the above mentioned app at "100%".

I appreciate your post and helpful information...

For me that app didn't work, and if somebody else may use it...
maybe it bumps the brightness to maximum... or not.

best regards... I do appreciate your posts.
Rob.

BOOM... much brighter than the above mentioned app at "100%".
Hmmm.... I am going to have to test it out. I like the ease of use of the Brightness app..... but I do need maximum brightness.

Hmmm.... I am going to have to test it out. I like the ease of use of the Brightness app..... but I do need maximum brightness.
On my Tripltek 7" Pro the Brightness app is working perfectly. I can't get any more Nits out of the tablet using the slider.

Hello,

I like this tablet for piloting. Still learning it for the intention of post production.

Tripltek 8 Pro
DJI AIR 2S
-Google Apps
-B4UFLY
-Google Earth
-Instagram - for viewing BlacksheepFPV
-Microsoft exFAT/NTSC for USB by Paragon Software - without it the tablet won’t recognize exFAT. Recommend by Tripltek.
-Total Commander - for playing HD video. Recommended by Tripltek.

Does your Tripltek cleanly play 4K video from an SD card?

Mike

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka