DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's it worth.---submerged drone

ChallengerPilot

Reactions
I got a quote back on my submarined drone. I am thinking of just buying a new or refurbed and selling the soaked drone. Are they of any value? It went down in fresh water and was in the water less than 5 minutes. I sold an early version of the Mavic after I backed into a tree. It was pretty banged up.

its this of any "salvage" value to anyone? If so, how much is it worth?

Arizona. It looks like a brand new drone. DJI has it right now so no current photos. It descended slowly into the water. The blades were not even damaged!!

Can't tell you a value, but if it happens again you can blow out all the water with compressed air ASAP and put it in rice for a few days. I had a couple water landings with good results as stated.
Fresh water won't oxidise as fast a salt water, so if you act fast getting it dried off and in rice, you should be good to go, including the battery. Salt water no chance... I just recovered one in fresh water since last August. No chance for this one after 10 months underwater but the mSD card was fine so the pictures were recovered. When hired always have a backup as I did and got the shots I needed.

Reactions: Bill_H
I don't think anyone will want any of the electric bits if they've been soaked. But the chassis , body panels etc are probably useful for parts. .

Firstly don't dry it in rice, unfortunately this incorrect advice seems to be given any time water damage is mentioned. This page explains why not to do that and what to do instead:

Water damaged items tend to have a low value since the amount of damage to the hardware can vary significantly and difficult to assess whereas with a physical crash it's usually reasonably clearcut what's damaged and what isn't.

Firstly don't dry it in rice, unfortunately this incorrect advice seems to be given any time water damage is mentioned. This page explains why not to do that and what to do instead:

Water damaged items tend to have a low value since the amount of damage to the hardware can vary significantly and difficult to assess whereas with a physical crash it's usually reasonably clearcut what's damaged and what isn't.

Tried to see what the Article you linked to offered and there wasn't anything there ? Did I do something wrong?

I got a quote back on my submarined drone. I am thinking of just buying a new or refurbed and selling the soaked drone. Are they of any value? It went down in fresh water and was in the water less than 5 minutes. I sold an early version of the Mavic after I backed into a tree. It was pretty banged up.

its this of any "salvage" value to anyone? If so, how much is it worth?
How much would u sell drone and remote for

I've dumped 2 of them in the water in the Lake Tahoe area and got them both working, of course the water here is Very pure. The both work so well I didn't even send them back for the Refresh package figuring I'd save that for the next time I crash one.

With the propellers not damaged, and no damage on the Body, without the controller for somebody that wants to gut it. $150.00. DJI will offer you that amount with out the controller, on a new drone.

I'll have to call your bluff on this...it worked for me numerous times, and seemed to have work with BushWacker as well.

why do people use rice? I know it’s more readily available but silica gel is superior to rice and doesn’t have any of the dust/powder that rice has. I would also recommend putting a small box over the drone + a mini dehumidifier inside to draw out any remaining drops of water. I would also suggest separating the top of the drone from the bottom shell to make it easier for water to escape.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa