DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's the best ND filter set to get for Mavic?

Bubz7471

Reactions
Hi looking for a set of ND filters for my Mavic don't want to pay mega bucks any suggestions or links UK only cheers guys

I've had good luck so far with the DJI brand of filters. $35. Ordered them from Adxventure and got them right away. They are extremely light and delicate, so you have to be careful when removing them, but they are a breeze to snap on or off.

I've had good luck so far with the DJI brand of filters. $35. Ordered them from Adxventure and got them right away. They are extremely light and delicate, so you have to be careful when removing them, but they are a breeze to snap on or off.

Hi Tray ,
If I may ask what you are referring to when you state good luck ? Do you mean they filter correctly ? I am so indecisive as to getting filters and chancing damage to my camera or gimbal assyembly. I considered the complete gimbal cover with the nd coating but they are ridiculously priced and not well received .

Reactions: Wingo and Bubz7471
The best filters are those with light weight and not bulky enough to void gimbal startup and calibration.
That said, for the price I think those from Dji works well but, I think they were not meant to last IMO.
I have a set of Taco-RC (U$59.99) and works flawlessly. Double the price, but even more reliable and durable than Dji's.

Reactions: Bubz7471
I meant "good luck" as in the DJI filters are SO lightweight that I'm sure they have almost NO effect on the fragile, delicate, lightweight gimbal motor, the way some of the heavier "slip-on" style of filters often do. They do a good job of filtering the light the way they're supposed to, they're affordable, and they're easy to take on and off. My videos look better when using them. It is a trade-off. Being so lightweight, I could see where they would be easier to break over time, or easier to lose.
I agree with ed1nh0, in that the Taco filters are good (for double the price) and more durable, but they are heavier and will put a little more strain on the gimbal motor. I change the lens on my very frequently, because I fly frequently under varying lighting conditions.

After talking to a local drone repair tech who has worked on dozens of mavics, he said that ANY extra weight on the gimbal motor is going to have a detrimental effect in the long term - you're going to wear it out faster - that gimbal is already so tiny and delicate and lightweight. He said he wouldn't use any brand on his mavic other than the DJI's, even though they ARE more delicate than the heavier brands. Also, most of the slip-on style filters take a little more effort to push on and pull off, putting extra strain on your gimbal each time, which, again, probably isn't good long term.

I decided, for me, that I'd rather risk having to replace a $35 set of lens filters some day than have to replace a $500 gimbal assembly someday.

That being said, I cannot speak to how much better? the heavier Taco or Polar Pro brand lenses are as far as picture quality. I'm sure they make great videos and are very high quality. I've never heard anyone complain about the quality of either brand. The DJI lenses are NOT polarized, FYI, if that's important to you.

Just my .02 cents.

Hi looking for a set of ND filters for my Mavic don't want to pay mega bucks any suggestions or links UK only cheers guys

PolarPro. I saw hundreds of comparisons in YouTube and the polar are the best.
Just ordered the 3pcs filter set the normal one that costs 50€.

I've had good luck so far with the DJI brand of filters. $35. Ordered them from Advexure and got them right away. They are extremely light and delicate, so you have to be careful when removing them, but they are a breeze to snap on or off.

DJI's ND Filters for Mavic are a good option. We find them to be extremely popular amongst Mavic owners.

DJI-Mavic-ND-Filters-Set-Part-39_1.jpg

meant "good luck" as in the DJI filters are SO lightweight that I'm sure they have almost NO effect on the fragile, delicate, lightweight gimbal motor, the way some of the heavier "slip-on" style of filters often do.
I've just watch (again!) both reviews made by Peter Homer* on YouTube about these filters.
Dji ND filter = 0.3g
Taco-RC ND filter = 0.6g
Both very light weight but, Taco-RC have twice Dji's weight.

* I would recommend subscribe to his channel. Excelent reviews.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair