DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's the best video editing software for windows 10?

Silverspirit

Reactions
Hi everyone,

I'm new to drone flying. I bought a Mavic Air a month ago and absolutely love it! I've always been a keen photographer but have never been into shooting video until now!

I have a windows 10 pc and need to find good video editing software and also where can I download music to play over my videos.
I love the editing software on the DJi Go 4 app but sadly it won't work on pc or iMac.

Can anybody help?

Reactions: Larryb007
A lot comes down to personal preference and OS preference. You can find a good rundown of options here:

What software should I use?

You might look at starting with Windows Movie Maker to do simple editing and adding some music. It's free with Windows 10. Let us know what you choose and be sure to share what you make.

I use Windows movie maker (the latest version for windows 10)... free or 10 bucks for Pro. Pretty quick to learn and does what I need it to do.

Adobe premiere fulfills the needs for my (movie) wishes. But very expensive, so much to learn but soooo many possibilities....

I have a trail version of 'Adobe Rush' but it will only let me upload 3 videos b4 making my subscribe and it's £10 a month! I already pay them £10 a month for 'Lightroom' and 'Photoshop'.

Reactions: Larryb007
Another vote for Davinci Resolve 15. It will do all and more most people need and is free. Is a steep learning curve but there are plenty of videos on Utube to help

Reactions: Silverspirit
I have the Adobe photography plan that gives you Lightroom and Photoshop. To add Premier Pro was just to expensive. So I went with Cyberlink Power Directer. I really like it. The cost is reasonable and it's packed with powerful features.

One of the best among pros and serious amateurs would certainly be Adobe Premiere Pro. It has a steep learning curve if you’re new to editing and is pricey. I edited professionally for a number of years and it was one of tools that I used and it’s compatible with Windows.

There is no best video editing software, but you can find a list of commonly used editors here.

Well I managed to get a deal out of Adobe for ALL their apps including Premiere Pro, Rush, Lightroom, Photoshop and loads more. The. cost should by £49.98 per month. I got them for £30.34 including VAT. If anyone wants to do the same contact Adobe and chat with a real person directly (I used the online chat). Lots to learn now! Here's to lots of future editing... :)

Reactions: Desert Falcon
I have the mavic 2 Pro and the Phantom 4 Pro. I currently use creative director with Windows 10 it has every feature you could possibly need and it's very user-friendly. I also have Photoshop and Lightroom which are a little more complicated so I prefer to use creative director over the Photoshop. It's definitely worth looking at.

Now if you really want to make a revolutionary change, get an IPad Pro, download a $20 app called Luma Fusion. This app has near professional features and is ridiculously easy to use. Although I have and use professional editing software on my MacBook Pro, I prefer to dump footage to the IPad Pro and do the editing with Luma Fusion. It’s much easier to travel with also.

There is no best video editing software, but you can find a list of commonly used editors here.
Actually there are some best video editing programs but in general the best is the one that you can use to your advantage. There are pros and cons to them all.

I us the Wondershare Filmore Pro

I recommend you try the various listed (Should be free versions available for evaluation) in this forum and decide for yourself.
Things to consider include:
Ease of Use
Learning Curve
Features
Affordability
Expansion

Frequency of Use
Just a few considerations

One of the best among pros and serious amateurs would certainly be Adobe Premiere Pro. It has a steep learning curve if you’re new to editing and is pricey. I edited professionally for a number of years and it was one of tools that I used and it’s compatible with Windows.
I agree - Adobe Premiere - I've used it since V1. It allows you to do stuff like this:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamoke