DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's the point of the SD on the aircraft?

Hoobness

Reactions
I'm a new mavic PP owner. I've recently filled the SD card and now it displays SD card full.
I just learned how to format it so no biggie.

I fly with an iPad and soon the goggles..which also have an SD.

Regarding the iPad, I noticed everything is saved to it also. I never download anything from the mavic because it's all on the iPad.

So what's the point of having the SD onboard?

Thank you

To make the AC perfectly balance, you should delete some files there if you noticed unbalanced flight of your AC. I'm just kidding of course. That's where the HD video are being stored.

To make the AC perfectly balance, you should delete some files there if you noticed unbalanced flight of your AC. I'm just kidding of course. That's where the HD video are being stored.
So that's it? MediA storage.

Also, in go4, when I go to save/download a pic or video, is that file coming from the aircraft?

The iPad only has low res files and the onboard SD has the hi res files, is that correct?

So that's it? MediA storage.
Not just higher quality, but much higher quality.

The microSD card records files directly from the camera in whatever resolution you've set, including 2.7k and 4k. The video that's cached in the DJI Go app on your iPad is what is sent back by radio, ranging from 720p to 1080p depending on how far away the Mavic was, and it's prone to glitches and dropouts from the radio feed. It also just generally looks like crud in comparison because it's being compressed and transmitted quickly.

The amount of video that is cached on the iPad is also limited if you haven't changed the default, which I doubt you have. Default is 2 GB, which isn't much.

As always, I recommend you download and read the manual. You'll learn a lot of important things: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20171219/Mavic Pro User Manual V2.0.pdf

Great Info!
So the best workflow is to always take the card out of the Mavic,
Install into CS-Ipad,etc. i.e.
Download it into (personal choice software) and edit?
Also do you agree that the DJI Skypixel for the novice is better choice to begin with?

I can read the manual over and over ,but must get hands on for full understanding and your suggestions are wonderful for clarification,

Thanks Again!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98