DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's the skinny on buying a used Inspire 1?

scubaddictions

Reactions
What's the deal with Inspire 1's? Every so often one pops up on the local market for what seems like a deceptively reasonable price. For instance one right now in my area with multiple batteries, rolling case, props, etc, Zenmuse X3, asking price of $1500. I know batteries are expensive and a little hard to come by, but what do you think of this and similar deals?

What's the deal with Inspire 1's? Every so often one pops up on the local market for what seems like a deceptively reasonable price. For instance one right now in my area with multiple batteries, rolling case, props, etc, Zenmuse X3, asking price of $1500. I know batteries are expensive and a little hard to come by, but what do you think of this and similar deals?
The Inspire 1 has short flight times and a crummy camera unless you pay a lot more for the X5 which reduces flight time more.
The original X3 camera is the same as the cameras in the old Phantom 3 series.
The drone is big and awkward to travel with and doesn't do much that you can't do as well or better with a Mavic 2.

The Inspire 1 has short flight times and a crummy camera unless you pay a lot more for the X5 which reduces flight time more.
The original X3 camera is the same as the cameras in the old Phantom 3 series.
The drone is big and awkward to travel with and doesn't do much that you can't do as well or better with a Mavic 2.

Perfect, that's what I was looking for. I already have a M2P and was actually wondering if the Inspire 1 had any tricks in its bag beyond the capability of my Mavic other than swappable payload.

I think it mainly turned my head because it's so different, gives an air of professional level. Seems like in general it's just old technology though.

Out of curiosity, what kind of flight times are we talking on the Inspire? Seems like they had two different batteries available, one with greater capacity than the other.

Thanks for the advice!

Ryan

I own an Inspire1and have one for sale and own a mavic zoom and camera pics aren't far apart so my opinion the camera isnt crummy and I get 15/18 mins of flight time

Perfect, that's what I was looking for. I already have a M2P and was actually wondering if the Inspire 1 had any tricks in its bag beyond the capability of my Mavic other than swappable payload.

I think it mainly turned my head because it's so different, gives an air of professional level. Seems like in general it's just old technology though.

Out of curiosity, what kind of flight times are we talking on the Inspire? Seems like they had two different batteries available, one with greater capacity than the other.

Thanks for the advice!

Ryan

About 16 minutes nominal with TB47 and 19 minutes TB48. As a P3P owner as well I can tell you the camera shoots fine for about 90% of the normal crowd, in fact I had to play around with my settings on my new M2Z to get them to look near as good as my P3P was doing, but I do think I found the correct settings now after pulling out my hair and 2 weeks of tweaking...One thing you can do with a P3P and a Inspire 1 is use the old and reliable Go 3 App which isn't as demanding on your phone or tablet. I also still have option of turning off GEO system in App.

Another "Good" thing is they are modable/hackable to remove all restrictions and tweak speeds and such.. I had my P3P over 65MPH when it was modded, the Inspire 1 could easily hit 80MPH if modded. So you can have some fun with them. And batteries are indeed REAL hard to come buy, but there is a battery mod available that gives 25 min. of flight time and they are still working on more :) Someone just put in a 12,000 mah custom battery...can't find flight time. Video show first attempts at mod.

Last edited:
DJi is a bit vague in their specs but they say Max Flight Time = Approx. 18 min
Presumably that's with the bigger batteries and in actual flying conditions and sensible safety that would come down to something like 15 mins.
The smaller TB47 batteries have about 21% less capacity than the TB 48 so usable time with the smaller batteries might be around 12 mins.
The camera is a step back to 2015 with 12MP with no controllable aperture or focus and not suitable for professional use.
If you are a photographer, that's crummy and stone age compared to DJI's current 20 MP cameras.
The Inspires are interesting drones but go and have a look at it to see how big it is in it's case.

This is a pic from an inspire1 ND filter in raw not bad for 2015

Attachments

• DJI_0007.JPG
    DJI_0007.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 33
I bought a recorded one from DJI no extra battery, X3 camera for $1300. Bought used battery for $150 on Ebay (works good) so I say 1500 for spare battery and rolling case a good normal price

Reactions: Rattydude77
If it was me I would get a phantom 4V2 before I would get an inspire one. Cost about the same and will work with your smart controller
Tons of batteries at a good price great support tons of hacks and mods.
DJI is unloading them

Reactions: Meta4
Found this one on Craigslist for $500
DJI Inspire 1 V2.0 Quadcopter, Remote Controller, 4K Camera with 3 axis Gimbal, Propellers with quick release mounting, Intelligent Flight Battery (TB47), Battery Charger, and SD Card.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada