DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's the UK law regarding flying a drone around

shutterup

Reactions
I'm looking at touring the UK and taking footage and photos of UK football grounds.

Now I KNOW it's illigal to fly around them due a March day because of crowds.

I ASSUME that flying around the parameter of them while they are closed however is OK?

Can anyone confirm that I'm correct and it's isn't against any laws or regulations to fly AROUND a football ground in the UK while there is no one present.

Thanks.

There are no specific laws about football grounds.

The rule that will get you is you are not allowed to fly within 150M of crowds of people or of a built up area. Since most grounds are in built up areas that stops you getting close to them. DJI have no fly zones round many (but not all) grounds.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
So. If there is a car park far enough away? And it's empty I'm unlikey to have an issue?

The dji zones are authrision zones are they not as opposed to nfz?

So. If there is a car park far enough away? And it's empty I'm unlikey to have an issue?

All football grounds (at least the bigger ones) in London are in authorisation zones which will have to be unlocked.
'These zones can be unlocked by authorised DJI account holders who have undergone real-name authentication'

Reactions: shutterup

I assume so. I haven't tested it because I don't know a stadium which is 150M from a built up area. People do break the 150M rule quite a lot but court cases are rare. If you behave in way which makes someone call the police, then it's anyone's guess what will happen; and you'll have no issue if no one takes any interest.

Stadiums show up as blue authorization zones on the DJI site, not red restricted ones. They haven't included all of them.
EDIT @gb160 posted just before me. A lot of stadiums are marked, but Oxford United's isn't. Southampton's is but Bournemouth isn't. etc. Test cricket grounds are also marked. But Silverstone isn't ... etc

Last edited:
Reactions: shutterup
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada