DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Whats this icon mean

Exphantomflyer

Reactions
In the manual it says Aircraft orientation, but it doesnt match the picture shown in the manual.whats this.jpg

when it is as your picture it means the drone does not have a gps lock such as indoors

when it is as your picture it means the drone does not have a gps lock such as indoors

Im clearly outdoors and i have 14 satellites locked, why then would it not have a GPS lock ?

Reactions: old man mavic
Im clearly outdoors and i have 14 satellites locked, why then would it not have a GPS lock ?
sorry the only time i have seen the display like that is under the circumstances i stated

sorry the only time i have seen the display like that is under the circumstances i stated

in the manual it shows this, as you can see mine is clearly different and it makes no difference which way the quad fliesno its not.png

In the manual it says Aircraft orientation, but it doesnt match the picture shown in the manual.View attachment 97195
I get that at times and blinks tried to figure it out and what i found was i needed to calibrate the compass in my device. Which i'm still trying to figure out how to do on my pad. Flew my M2P this morning and noticed my compass was 180 degrees off.
IMG_4016.jpeg

Well it seems that the issue was firmware related, I upgraded to the latest FW and the icon now shows correctly

Reactions: THE CYBORG
I get that at times and blinks tried to figure it out and what i found was i needed to calibrate the compass in my device. Which i'm still trying to figure out how to do on my pad. Flew my M2P this morning and noticed my compass was 180 degrees off.
View attachment 97204
Were up you in Atti mode? I thought that when the compass was wrong was when people had crazy things happen, because the IMU and compass disagreed.

Were up you in Atti mode? I thought that when the compass was wrong was when people had crazy things happen, because the IMU and compass disagreed.
No i wasn't and everything else was fine and flew good.

Well just got my compass back right which i should have known how to do and will fly in a bit and see if it's right in my app and that blinking icon goes away. It never stayed on all the time just came and went.
IMG_4017.jpeg

Reactions: Thomas B
I've had that red icon when my phone GPS is switched off or phone compass is out of calibration. I "think" the orientation indicator (like in post #5) wants the phone/tablet GPS to be on if it has GPS capability. It may use your phone/tablet GPS as one of the inputs to determine what to display on the orientation indicator.

AIRCRAFT ORIENTATION INDICATOR

When you press the icon it says:
"Check GPS settings or calibrate mobile device compass"

It has nothing to do with:
GPS Lock, GPS calibration, Firmware, Poor connection to controller.
As I red in previous replies
AIRCRAFT ORIENTATION INDICATOR.jpg

From my experience, that indicator is screwed up and unreliable. REMEMBER: I said from MY experience.

I have been unable to get it to work with a Samsung Galaxy S9+ as well as an iPhone 6s Plus (which I bought solely because of this problem). Tried all I knew to do, all that was suggested to do, and have posted in several threads about it.

I also know there are several other people who have the same issues as I have.

Right now I have totally abandoned that indicator, and instead I just open the map (bottom left) "1 tap" to it's small size, and use the orientation indicator in there. Works flawlessly!

Cheers!

Reactions: scro and Dbez1
From my experience, that indicator is screwed up and unreliable. REMEMBER: I said from MY experience.

I have been unable to get it to work with a Samsung Galaxy S9+ as well as an iPhone 6s Plus (which I bought solely because of this problem). Tried all I knew to do, all that was suggested to do, and have posted in several threads about it.

I also know there are several other people who have the same issues as I have.

Right now I have totally abandoned that indicator, and instead I just open the map (bottom left) "1 tap" to it's small size, and use the orientation indicator in there. Works flawlessly!

Cheers!
Yes, caused by magnetic interference of the smart device compass by the RC.
Last 2 pictures are me (RC) and the AC stationary (AC NOT even flying), Samsung Galaxy S8.

There are several posts about this problem:

In the manual it says Aircraft orientation, but it doesnt match the picture shown in the manual.View attachment 97195
Does your "screen" device have built in GPS? If you're running an iPad or iPod (without Cellular capability) there's no GPS. That icon show the relative position of the monitoring device's GPS location to the reported GPS location of the Mini.

I have that too on my Ipad mini 3. If you touch and hold the symbol it tells you "the device GPS needs calibration"
Ah HA! So it DOES use device GPS somehow, despite what some here say. That would be a problem for Wi-Fi only iPads.

In theory though, it should be able to assume you're reasonably near the HP and use HP as center, then use the device compass, which even the WiFi only iPad has, for position relative to which way you're facing.

Be sure Fly app has permission to location services. Not having permission will definitely cause the displayed icon.

Reactions: tribar
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalinbbc27