DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's this widget for (came with DJI charger)?

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
A small widget came with the DJI charger in the M2 fly more kit. It is obvious that one end has 2 USB out ports and the other side connects to a M2 battery. With the battery connected it wouldn't charge my phone so it must have some other use. What is this widget designed for? I'm sure it's in the instructions somewhere, but DJI has yet to publish the geriatric version large enough for an older human to read.

TIA

chargingwidget.jpg

A small widget came with the DJI charger in the M2 fly more kit. It is obvious that one end has 2 USB out ports and the other side connects to a M2 battery. With the battery connected it wouldn't charge my phone so it must have some other use. What is this widget designed for? I'm sure it's in the instructions somewhere, but DJI has yet to publish the geriatric version large enough for an older human to read.

TIA

View attachment 113643
it is used to enable the drone battery to charge another device such as your phone ,if you want to remove some of the charge for storage

Its a useless thing really , like who has spare juice in their drone batteries !
it is ok to use if you have charged a battery fully but have been unable to fly for some reason ,or if you have a lot of batteries you can charge up your screen device or controller
if they are getting low

Reactions: itsneedtokno

TIA

View attachment 113643
I use it to power my RC 3 watt amplifiers for extended range. 7C74F402-A882-475F-BA07-196C0CEAC1BD.jpeg

Reactions: itsneedtokno
You need to turn your battery on once you have connected to your phone

DUH... Of course I hadn't tried that. I had a similar experience with the Hanatora charger, wanting to discharge my batteries and thought it was defective when it didn't. Of course Hanatora didn't provide the geriatric sized instructions and I missed the part where they said to turn the battery on when discharging. It isn't usual for most devices for the battery itself to have its own on-off switch.

Thanks.

Reactions: hiflyer201

TIA

View attachment 113643
I use it to charge my phone when on long international flights.

Its a useless thing really , like who has spare juice in their drone batteries !
I had two batteries from my Mavic Pro get unbalanced cells so the DJI App would not let the batteries be used. They were not swollen or anything like that, they would take a charge, just could not fly with them. But with this little device I can use them as chargers for tablets, phones or LED lights, etc....

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
I actually used said widget when I was stuck in the boonies with a dead car battery. I had a lithium ion battery jump start pack but it was only partially charged, and it recharges via USB. So, I used a fully charged M2 battery to recharge my jump start pack to full. Spent that charging time carefully cleaning the vehicle's battery terminals and cable ends. Once fully charged it successfully jump-started the vehicle. I keep that widget (and an assortment of common USB cables) in my flight bag all the time. Never know when you'll need to juice up something. Oh, and since I'm sure someone will ask, recharging the jump start pack took less than half of the juice out of the drone battery. YMMV, of course, all depends on how low the item was and how full it needs to be.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ