DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's up, guys?

Reactions
Im new to the world or drones and i'm fascinated to say the least. i bought a Mavic Air, then after that the Mavic pro 2 , and then i got too curious and bought the Spark, and Tello (tello i gave to my friend because i could see that he really liked it) Anyway, i bought all four because they don't sell them in the country where i will be residing in a couple of weeks. It should have occurred to me that the reason they don't sell them is because they are prohibited. Ha

Anyway, on a completely different topic, and no way related to the paragraph above. I want to remove the internals, and the most important parts of my drones and print new shells for them at a later date. The shells could be clones or not, i'm thinking maybe i should attempt a Mavic Pro 2 system in Mavic Air (clone) shell swap if possible with the benefits being the smaller size of the Air but i haven't put much thought into it yet. Please ignore my ignorance as i have only experienced the drone world for a couple of weeks and know very little to nothing about these little flying computers.

I want to add that i am very nervous about this transplant and understand the risks i'm taking from Warranty, to the risk it poses to other people on the ground, and the cost of failure to my wallet and will fly them accordingly and not with confidence of the originals. I am going to complete this project either way; i'm going to take lots of time with it. I'm going to try my best. The only reason i joined a DJI forum is because i really need some advice, and help from the knowledgable members on here. i know that its not a great idea, but i have no other choice. And at least you guys might benefit from the pictures and information gathered during the process. and if it doesn't work out too well for me, at least you'll know what not to do. Thanks guys

Thanks guys.

Attachments

• drones.JPG
    drones.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 50
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Im new to the world or drones and i'm fascinated to say the least. i bought a Mavic Air, then after that the Mavic pro 2 , and then i got too curious and bought the Spark, and Tello (tello i gave to my friend because i could see that he really liked it) Anyway, i bought all four because they don't sell them in the country where i will be residing in a couple of weeks. It should have occurred to me that the reason they don't sell them is because they are prohibited. Ha

Anyway, on a completely different topic, and no way related to the paragraph above. I want to remove the internals, and the most important parts of my drones and print new shells for them at a later date. The shells could be clones or not, i'm thinking maybe i should attempt a Mavic Pro 2 system in Mavic Air (clone) shell swap if possible with the benefits being the smaller size of the Air but i haven't put much thought into it yet. Please ignore my ignorance as i have only experienced the drone world for a couple of weeks and know very little to nothing about these little flying computers.

I want to add that i am very nervous about this transplant and understand the risks i'm taking from Warranty, to the risk it poses to other people on the ground, and the cost of failure to my wallet and will fly them accordingly and not with confidence of the originals. I am going to complete this project either way; i'm going to take lots of time with it. I'm going to try my best. The only reason i joined a DJI forum is because i really need some advice, and help from the knowledgable members on here. i know that its not a great idea, but i have no other choice. And at least you guys might benefit from the pictures and information gathered during the process. and if it doesn't work out too well for me, at least you'll know what not to do. Thanks guys

Thanks guys.

Welcome,

I too am a "tinkerer"... can't leave well enough alone. Built many of my own drones... in the past. Since the Phantom 4, Mavic, Spark and with the upcoming Mini Mavic coming out I think you'd be hard pressed to somehow make a quality flying craft by trying to downsize the Mavic Pro 2 somehow. DJI is very good at what they are making... and for this reason I no longer build my own drones. DJI simply has done a very good job.

That being said, if you do some wild mod's please post them up, I'm sure we all would like to see what you come up with :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots